Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRAVELLING ABROADI

Options
  • 13-11-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I use Bank Of Ireland Online Services. Using this service and because I was travelling abroad I was requested on the site to notify the Bank of my travel intentions. This I did in plenty of time. While abroad I used my card twice and was accepted. Yesterday while purchasing eye test and glasses it was refused. This was extremely embarassing. I rang the number on the back of my card this morning (four times) before I was then diverted to my Bank in Portlaoise. All at my expense because Bank Of Ireland is unable to do its job properly. I was advised that a note regarding my travel abroad was not attached to my account and this is why my card was declined. Very obviously Bank Of Ireland is unable to do its job properly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Milo,

Apologies for the issue you experienced when abroad. 

The travel notification option on the Online Service Desk is specifically for Credit Cards customers. Apologies if the notification was not placed on your credit card account like it should have been.

If it is your Visa Debit card you are referring to, we would not place any block on a customers account when abroad. 

If you are now home in Ireland and wish to discuss the issues you encountered when abroad, please call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 for your credit card or Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 to discuss your Visa Debit card.

I hope this helps and that the issues did not effect your holiday too much.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MILO123

Hi Milo,

Apologies for the issue you experienced when abroad. 

The travel notification option on the Online Service Desk is specifically for Credit Cards customers. Apologies if the notification was not placed on your credit card account like it should have been.

If it is your Visa Debit card you are referring to, we would not place any block on a customers account when abroad. 

If you are now home in Ireland and wish to discuss the issues you encountered when abroad, please call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 for your credit card or Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 to discuss your Visa Debit card.

I hope this helps and that the issues did not effect your holiday too much.

Thanks
    Linda
    I wish to disagree with you. My card is a Visa Debit Card and this block has been placed on it. I eventually got through to staff in the bank on the phone this morning (4 times) from USA at my expense and was advised that this block was placed on it because 
    they never received any notification from me. Following directions on the 365 Online site I notified your bank on time of my traveling dates. Examining previous posts on this site I can see plenty of complaints regarding the 365 Online facility which very obviously is a shambles. My wife and I are also members of another bank which in the new year are closing their facilities in Ireland. We were going to move all our accounts to Bank of Ireland but now we will not do so. I was very embarrassed, stressed and quite angry that my card was declined on these grounds yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

We do not have account access on boards.ie to look into this further ourselves. We can only answer day to day banking questions.

If you wish for us to get this investigated, please pm us with with full name, branch your account is held with and a contact number. We will organise the issue to be looked into.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement