Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets availability closer to event date

Options
  • 13-11-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Just one question, are more tickets released when the even date comes closer? Im trying to get Maroon5 but the tickets available are at the very back. When I choose a specific section, it says none available but tickets maybe available closer to event date. Is this normal for all concerts? Also how close to the event date do I need to check?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

As TM will tell you, tickets that are withheld for competitions, promoters, friends of the band, etc that aren't taken up are released closer to the event date. It's normal procedure for most concerts. How close they're released is a good question, it could happen at any time before the gig. You just have to keep checking and maybe you'll get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

does it have to be seating? there's still standing left, i just checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its pretty much a standard notice on all gigs. Some gigs are more prone to deliberately keep them, where touting is likely, so if U2 are playing or a slane gig thats likely to immediately sell out they keep them purposely and its often announced in the media that they are released.

For smaller gigs it can be ones not taken up by people JJ mentioned, they usually go back on sale with no real notice.

I have a ticketmaster account and have some artists selected as being favourites, I got notices sent to me when they were playing, not sure if they would send notice if more tickets went on sale though.

Advertisement