Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muzzles

• 13-11-2013 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering has anyone ever had the Gardai take action against them for not having there dog muzzled?

Anyone any experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi,

I'm wondering has anyone ever had the Gardai take action against them for not having there dog muzzled?

Anyone any experience?

I know owners who've received fines from the dog wardens, for not having their restricted breeds muzzled in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

No never. When I had my staffy we were never stopped in 12 years. When I had my APBT, they stopped us a couple of times but it was more that they were interested in the dog. Now I have my Dogo Argentino, I've been stopped twice in a year and it was extremely early in the morning and it's just to ask about the breed. I'm nice and polite with the Garda and they with me. We just go about our business then.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

EDIT: my Dogo doesn't need to be muzzled anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

i was asked to put the muzzle on once by a dog warden, i just put it on and he drove off, im sure if you tried to be smart and awkward they could be the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

juniord wrote: »
    i was asked to put the muzzle on once by a dog warden, i just put it on and he drove off, im sure if you tried to be smart and awkward they could be the same

+1 The dog warden in our park said as much! He wants a quiet life like the rest of us lol

Advertisement