Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Bord Gais

Options
  • 13-11-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hello, I am thinking of switch our electricity supply only back from Bord Gais to Electric Ireland.  I would be happy to pay via direct debit and have paperless billing.  My questions is with Bord Gais they currently average out my electricity bills over the year and this means I get no large bills during the winter.  Is it possible to do this with Electric Ireland?  If not is it possible to over pay during the summer months so my account is in credit for the winter even if paying by direct debit?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Lockster,

Thank you for your query. We currently do not offer a monthly payment scheme, however if you would like to make interim payments towards your balance outside of your bill then you are welcome to do so. You could set up a standing order with your bank, pay online or over the phone using your laser/debit card. For a full list of payment options, please see our website.

If you were to opt for one of our price plans which offers a Direct Debit discount, then you would lose the discount for making payments outside of this arrangement so you could not make interim payments in this case.

We can process the switch for you here on Boards, you would just need to PM your MPRN, current meter reading, and your own details (full name, address, contact number, email address).

Direct Debit would have to be set up via email at service@electricireland.ie, over the phone at 1850372372 or on our website.

If you have any further questions about the switching process, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Hi Aoife, I have just made the switch from Bord Gais Energy. I presume I don't need to do anything further with them, that Electric Ireland will cancel my account with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi ncmc,

That is correct. The notification to your previous supplier that you are closing your account with them, will go through automatically as part of the switch - and you will receive a final bill from them.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement