Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness, Nov' 24th, Olympia Theatre

Options
  • 13-11-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Tickets arrived in the post yesterday, many on here going to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Yep, ticket arrived yesterday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

I'll be there!
    Mostly for Lost Alone but...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yep. Can't bleedin wait to see these fellas live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Was at this show last night.

Good show but I think I preferred the first show I saw them at, two years ago at the Olympia, not sure why. Still a good show though, I think the crowd came alive when Permission to Land started to be played.

LostAlone seemed pretty good, I think I will check out some of their stuff too now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I thought they were great, but they kept breaking the momentum by Hawkins stopping to talk to individual members of the crowd.

When he urged the audience to clap along by doing the handstand and clapping his feet, is the funniest thing Ive seen at a gig.

Hugely entertaining all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

10/10. My second time to see, them, first was oxegen 2004. Such a show, cant wait to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

poundhound wrote: »
    When he urged the audience to clap along by doing the handstand and clapping his feet, is the funniest thing Ive seen at a gig.

Hugely entertaining all round.

It doesn't top him floating over the crowd in a giant pair of boobs on the One Way Ticket... tour at the old Point in 2005 or 2006, but it was still the funniest moment of the concert-going year for me... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Have seen them 5 times now and was a little disappointed I have to say. Musically excellent as always but i thought ed and frankie's antics were a little silly and as a previous poster mentioned broke the momentum.
    Best i ever saw was the first time - vicar st in Oct 03. They were so raw. I recall them doing street spirit and bringing the house down.

Advertisement