Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere 2014

Options
  • 13-11-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Sonisphere 2014

Sonisphere is back to celebrate 40 years of rock music in Knebworth. Dates - July 4th - 6th

I could see the likes of Metallica, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Led Zeppelin (if they reform), RHCP or Foo Fighters playing

https://www.facebook.com/sonispherefestival

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

eldest200 wrote: »
    Sonisphere 2014

Sonisphere is back to celebrate 40 years of rock music in Knebworth. Dates - July 4th - 6th

I could see the likes of Metallica, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Led Zeppelin (if they reform), RHCP or Foo Fighters playing

https://www.facebook.com/sonispherefestival

Oasis and Led Zeppelin? More chance of me fcukin headlining playing the spoons

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

scudzilla wrote: »
    Oasis and Led Zeppelin? More chance of me fcukin headlining playing the spoons

I'm not saying there're definitely playing its just as rumours, its probably very unlikely they'll play but some other forums have Oasis and Led Zeppelin listed as rumours for Glastonbury so who knows

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say Pearl Jam and Foo's are more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Id say Pearl Jam and Foo's are more realistic
    Hopefully !! praying for a pearl jam european tour :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Soundgarden are playing a few gigs with Black Sabbath in June so Pearl Jam in July might be a bit unrealistic. We can hope, though!

• Advertisement

tracert wrote: »
    Soundgarden are playing a few gigs with Black Sabbath in June so Pearl Jam in July might be a bit unrealistic. We can hope, though!

Would not rule it out , didnt Matt do a tour with one and then once finish that tour jumped back on another tour ?

tracert wrote: »

Looks like a full tour with Pearl Jam is on the way?
    Hello Knights of the Soundtable faithful,

I will be taking 2014 off from Soundgarden touring due to prior commitments promoting "Lightning Bolt" with my brothers in Pearl Jam and the desire to have more time at home with my family. I am trying to balance the many twists and turns of my awesome music career. This is temporary. I am still an active member of Soundgarden. Chris, Ben, Kim and I are in the process of finding the perfect substitute for the upcoming Soundgarden dates in 2014.

Thank you all for listening and the Years of Support!

Loudest of Love.
    Matt Cameron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm just so happy it's back!

I'm just so happy it's back!

Wonder did Sonisphere get all the good headliners before Download for once?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

7 days to a Soni Knebworth announcement according to FB page.

• Advertisement

7037_10151991314589223_552511288_n.jpg

Metallica for Sonisphere? Have announced for Sonisphere in Germany in June on the 4th :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They were rumoured, along with Sabbath and Maiden. Won't be as big a shock now anyway.

1450701_10151839069991267_443268029_n.jpg

Def not getting my hopes up for anything special since presume it will be Metallica/Maiden/Black Sabbath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Def not getting my hopes up for anything special since presume it will be Metallica/Maiden/Black Sabbath

Sabbath at R&L I reckon

Sabbath at R&L I reckon

Oh really?

Oh really?

Been rumoured they wanna finish their 'last' tour at Reading. Could be rubbish though.

Both fests have good timing for a qotsa announcement...Im trying to convince myself.

Mushy wrote: »
    Been rumoured they wanna finish their 'last' tour at Reading. Could be rubbish though.

Both fests have good timing for a qotsa announcement...Im trying to convince myself.

True , still can see R&L getting Queens

Metallica confirmed for Rock Werther same week now so might be obvious although It will mean playing 3 out of 4 UK Sonis hardly the framework for any festival may aswell rename it Orion UK, Metallica do sell tickets tickets I guess is what it comes down to.

Yea was hoping Soni would do something a bit different but looking like they will stick to their usual

• Advertisement

1488273_10151842523186267_378981859_n.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im shocked!

Will shift a lotta tickets though, and thats what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hopefully they'll have a risky third headliner and a good diverse undercard, they usually do. The tickets have gone up a whopping amount though... £215 before service charge and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Sabbath at reading then?

Hopefully they'll have a risky third headliner and a good diverse undercard, they usually do. The tickets have gone up a whopping amount though... £215 before service charge and delivery.

Oh yea i know both will sell alot tickets but suppose i was hoping for something a bit new since Maiden only did DL this year and Metallica the year before . Thats quite a jump indeed in prices , doubt ill head over either ways

Mushy wrote: »
    Im shocked!

Will shift a lotta tickets though, and thats what they need.

Shocked too haha nobody saw it coming, Jaysus tickets are well steep 205 is about 247 euro when you consider both bands are at RAR/RIM which is 4 days and about the same price if not slightly cheaper.

eldest200 wrote: »
    Sabbath at reading then?
    All but confirmed Id say if they are theyll be with the first announcement which is 2moro.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

What do people think of David Bowie as a possible 3rd headliner? I have no reason to believe this will happen, but what do people think? Bowie has said while he wasn't touring for The Next Day, he hasn't ruled a comeback to live shows out. Does anyone think there could be a tiny chance of Bowie headlining?

What do people think of David Bowie as a possible 3rd headliner? I have no reason to believe this will happen, but what do people think? Bowie has said while he wasn't touring for The Next Day, he hasn't ruled a comeback to live shows out. Does anyone think there could be a tiny chance of Bowie headlining?

Not a hope in hell Im afraid if it was the case hed most likely be closing the event or on the Saturday at the very least, (Maiden play Sat, Metallica Sun.)If Bowie returns to the live circut next year at all I imagine hed be wasted on Glastonbury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Not a hope in hell Im afraid if it was the case hed most likely be closing the event or on the Saturday at the very least, (Maiden play Sat, Metallica Sun.)If Bowie returns to the live circut next year at all I imagine hed be wasted on Glastonbury.
    That's a shame, the trip to Glastonbury would be worth it for Bowie alone, but it really would be a chore sitting through the rest of the festival.

Advertisement