Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That ticket price is horrendous.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

996676_10151857882776267_356043735_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Sabbath or Pearl Jam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I've heard a leak from a reliable source and let's just say I'm a tad disappointed. It's not either of the above.

I've heard a leak from a reliable source and let's just say I'm a tad disappointed. It's not either of the above.

Who is it? You can put spoiler tags on it :)

• Advertisement

Who is it? You can put spoiler tags on it :)

I can't really because I don't wanna get the person who told me in trouble :P It's another band who've headlined Download in the last 3 years if that helps.

So guessing either SOAD/Prodigy/Def Leppard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

It's another band who've headlined Download in the last 3 years if that helps.

Have they played Soni UK before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Could be Slipknot or Rammstein either! Speculative be they have headlined in the last 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I can't really because I don't wanna get the person who told me in trouble :P It's another band who've headlined Download in the last 3 years if that helps.

no need to name names of said person.. and sure it you're wrong so be it.. ah g'wan..:P:P

• Advertisement

It's not long to wait until the official announcement :P I'd love if he was just winding me up but I don't think so. I really can't say any more than I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So PM me, I will not say a word (promise) then will say if yer right or wrong later on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They'd hardly go slipknot.. that's 2 headliners from last years download then.. also quietly hoping they get added to Reading/Leeds' bill

999228_10151859989496267_1795883262_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Prodigy it is!

Well nobody saw that coming ;)

Mushy wrote: »
    Prodigy it is!
    Well nobody saw that coming ;)

Yep, I can confirm Charlie the minx pm'd me early this morning saying it was The Prodigy...and i kept quiet ;)

They were always leading the race as a cheaper headliner, especially when it was said they were a previous DL headliner in the last 3 years. Now, play Rock Werchter and I'll see them.

Like i said earlier to Charlie via PM, it was pretty obviously gonna be a band like them, Soni tends to have 2 trad metal bands and an alt (Biffy Clyro), they'll sell more tickets to a different crowd.

Issues they have now in UK is if Soni and Download happen they need 6 headliners, and, IMO, there's maybe 12-15 bands maximum who are capable of headlining status, hence the constant repeats, touring cycles will also rule a lot out.

Download are taking a gamble this year by promoting Ax7 to headline status, i don't think they're big enough or good enough to headline such a festival, but i'm sure Copping knows people will go anyways, just cos it's Download

scudzilla wrote: »
    Like i said earlier to Charlie via PM, it was pretty obviously gonna be a band like them, Soni tends to have 2 trad metal bands and an alt (Biffy Clyro), they'll sell more tickets to a different crowd.

Issues they have now in UK is if Soni and Download happen they need 6 headliners, and, IMO, there's maybe 12-15 bands maximum who are capable of headlining status, hence the constant repeats, touring cycles will also rule a lot out.

Download are taking a gamble this year by promoting Ax7 to headline status, i don't think they're big enough or good enough to headline such a festival, but i'm sure Copping knows people will go anyways, just cos it's Download

Exactly it really! Tis a hard one to do. Sure Soni promoted Biffy to headliner, and look at them now, headlined Reading/Leeds, now doing Isle of Wight. Just can't see A7X headlining as many fests as them now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Decent bands no doubt but much better value to see these at similar fests £217 (and thats the early bird!!:eek:) I will in me brown!! Adding to the fact that the Metallica by request which was meant to be a draw would have a negative impact on the likes of me.

Decent bands no doubt but much better value to see these at similar fests £217 (and thats the early bird!!:eek:) I will in me brown!! Adding to the fact that the Metallica by request which was meant to be a draw would have a negative impact on the likes of me.

It SHOULD (the reqest thing) entice me but it doesn't, too many clowns will go for the same songs we hear on every tour, only the die hards will vote for really great obscure shit, but they'll get outvoted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

scudzilla wrote: »
    It SHOULD (the reqest thing) entice me but it doesn't, too many clowns will go for the same songs we hear on every tour, only the die hards will vote for really great obscure shit, but they'll get outvoted
    Yep top 5 songs voted for currently MOP,One,Seek,Creepin & For Whom...sake like! oh n current exchange £217=€257 :eek::eek::eek:

1557719_10151908859701267_1035616223_n.jpg

Announcement due today

1528746_10152085638119223_1369659309_n.jpg

Id love it if any of those bands played Werchter bar Slayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Solid stuff, anything with Slayer in it can't be bad.

1549206_10151945781081267_972182812_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Can anyone remember when day tickets usually get released. May just go for the Metallica day . . . .

• Advertisement

They usually don't release day tickets until late in the day.... end of may ish. Think they try to sell out the weekend before selling individual days.

Advertisement