Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch access code was working at start, not anymore...

Options
  • 13-11-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, probably someone can help me with this...
    We bought house recently and there is Phonewatch Simon XT system installed. We were using previous owners access code for a while, but suddenly it stopped working. I rang Phonewatch and they are saying that I am typing in the wrong code. I am 100% sure that the code i am typing in now is the same we used at start. I am wondering what it could be.... They are saying that engineers call out cost 110 euros to fix this problem or we can choose monitoring service and engineers call is free of charge then. I dont want to take out that monitoring. All I need is working alarm at home. Is there anything I can do? I am in Co. Tipperary, probably someone knows who can help me in this area? I would like to get rid of that Phonewatch alltogether, the best would be to have in reprogrammed, but I am stuck now with code no working....

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have removed references to Eircom as they no longer own Phonewatch.
    I'll PM you over the manual for you to have a look over. Either the system has somehow defaulted or you have the code wrong.
    You may need a callout if it all needs to be reprogrammed. Remember there are many installerswho can look at this system you are not tied to Phonewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

ekoeko wrote: »
    Hi, probably someone can help me with this...
    We bought house recently and there is Phonewatch Simon XT system installed. We were using previous owners access code for a while, but suddenly it stopped working. I rang Phonewatch and they are saying that I am typing in the wrong code. I am 100% sure that the code i am typing in now is the same we used at start. I am wondering what it could be.... They are saying that engineers call out cost 110 euros to fix this problem or we can choose monitoring service and engineers call is free of charge then. I dont want to take out that monitoring. All I need is working alarm at home. Is there anything I can do? I am in Co. Tipperary, probably someone knows who can help me in this area? I would like to get rid of that Phonewatch alltogether, the best would be to have in reprogrammed, but I am stuck now with code no working....

Have you tried the default user code of 12345. The default engineer code is 54321. If this works then you know the system has defaulted back to factory settings. This system can be set up to ring 4 numbers rather than ringing the monitoring station.

Advertisement