Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just collected my Moto G (2014) from Parcel Motel. Certainly doesn't feel like a sub €200 phone! Update running now. All good so far.

First problem - won't charge from an Anker power pack, but will from PC USB port. Anyone encountered this?

EDIT: Sorry, it is charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Noticed an issue with my MotoG today, whenever bluetooth is on I can't connect to wifi. I've had the phone a good few months but got a new car yesterday with a bluetooth stereo so this is the first time I've noticed it. Any ideas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Noticed an issue with my MotoG today, whenever bluetooth is on I can't connect to wifi. I've had the phone a good few months but got a new car yesterday with a bluetooth stereo so this is the first time I've noticed it. Any ideas?
    Fancy car with bluetooth and wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Simona1986 wrote: »

It's never caused me issues, I've often been sat in the drive connected via bluetooth and to the WiFi in the house while waiting without issue. Bluetooth can be finicky so maybe it's the particular bluetooth stereo you're connected to ?

Have you tried connecting to a different bluetooth device to rule it in or out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's never caused me issues, I've often been sat in the drive connected via bluetooth and to the WiFi in the house while waiting without issue. Bluetooth can be finicky so maybe it's the particular bluetooth stereo you're connected to ?

Have you tried connecting to a different bluetooth device to rule it in or out ?

I'd never actually used the bluetooth before now. Only noticed this morning when I couldn't connect to my house wifi or wifi at work. Works fine once I turn off bluetooth again :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Odd, I often leave both on and never had the issue, be I connected to an actual bluetooth device or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

Does anyone know how to get the small number notifications working on WhatsApp, Viber, SMS , email etc? I've tried all the phone settings and each app setting and it won't work. So basically my phone will beep and I never know where to go and look for the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Anyone know where I can get a case in a B+M shop that will fit the 5" (even temporarily)? I'm carrying the bloody thing around like a new-born in case I damage it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

This is a VERY nice phone. Super impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Nono Toure wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get the small number notifications working on WhatsApp, Viber, SMS , email etc? I've tried all the phone settings and each app setting and it won't work. So basically my phone will beep and I never know where to go and look for the message.

Drag down from the top of the screen when you get a Beep?? No?

Drag down from the top of the screen when you get a Beep?? No?

Ya, but that's annoying I find if I have 2 new emails, a new text, 2 missed calls, a viber message and a whatsapp messge all at once if I'm away from the phone for an hour or so. I like to be able to open the home screen and see numbers above the apps so I know what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Anyone know where I can get a case in a B+M shop that will fit the 5" (even temporarily)? I'm carrying the bloody thing around like a new-born in case I damage it.

I'm in the same boat. I see on Amazon UK if you do a search for moto g 2nd gen you will get covers there. Ones at 6 pounds but you have to wait 3 weeks and ones at 11 pounds and get delivered next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Anyone know a fix for the Moto G saving text messages after using the cabbage messaging app?

It's the only phone I've had that doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Ta for the tip, picked one up today.
    physioman wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I see on Amazon UK if you do a search for moto g 2nd gen you will get covers there. Ones at 6 pounds but you have to wait 3 weeks and ones at 11 pounds and get delivered next week

Same here. Hoping to see more covers/cases pop up on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Dies anyone one here have this problem. Its just an hindrance. Each time I turn my Moto G off and back on again it wont read the sim when I turn it back on. Only I figured out that when you remove the back and take the sim out and in again will it be read after I put in the pin. It doesnt ask for the pin when I turn my phone on initially. Im with 48 conquer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Anyone know a fix for the Moto G saving text messages after using the cabbage messaging app?

It's the only phone I've had that doesn't

Cabbage works ok here. EDIT: - Hmm no it's not, I have the same issue.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

deadybai wrote: »
    Dies anyone one here have this problem. Its just an hindrance. Each time I turn my Moto G off and back on again it wont read the sim when I turn it back on. Only I figured out that when you remove the back and take the sim out and in again will it be read after I put in the pin. It doesnt ask for the pin when I turn my phone on initially. Im with 48 conquer.

Ya. I have a 4g on Tesco and when I go to the gym or my local supermarket (underground) it loses signal completely, has a Swiss flag symbol where reception is and has to have the sim pulled and put in again with a pin requested.

Compared to some of the problems I have had in the past with Android, it is a minor inconvenience and one I will learn to live with, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Has anyone who bought the 5" model put the dual Sim into practice? I did not buy the phone for this feature - I broke the screen on my first gen Moto G and would not have changed but for that - but as someone who spends 6-8 weeks a year in the UK I can see it being a useful feature.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Nimr wrote: »
    Only seeing this now. Out of stock in Dublin :(

Got one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭inigo

Anyone got one of these from Argos recently? Can you confirm single or dual sim and android version please? I don't really trust the info on their website...

inigo wrote: »
    Anyone got one of these from Argos recently? Can you confirm single or dual sim and android version please? I don't really trust the info on their website...

The European models are all dual SIM. Android should update (4.4.4) as soon as you power up.

I'll make my way to the shop and get the unit I just reserved then... :)

I bought one last week. Dual Sim. Android 4.4.4. Nice phone!

• Advertisement

Nono Toure wrote: »
    I bought one last week. Dual Sim. Android 4.4.4. Nice phone!

Think it price is due to back to 219 euro tomorrow in argos

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

When I use the keyboard for messages(viber/twitter/messaging) the keyboard vibrates at each press.
    But general screen touching has no vibration.

How do I turn off the vibration?
    Any vibration boxes I've seen are unticked.

F1ngers wrote: »
    When I use the keyboard for messages(viber/twitter/messaging) the keyboard vibrates at each press.

Presuming that you're using Google Keyboard. Go to Settings - Language and Input, touch the settings button beside Google Keyboard and uncheck 'Vibrate on keypress'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Got the 4g version lately best decision ive made in a while!

Anyone else having problems with Spotify? When I want to play my playlist it plays the first tune and normally it automatically moves onto the next tune but it just stops after playing the first tune and says no internet connection available. Have to exit the app and re enter to get Spotify to work. Any solutions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,520 ✭✭✭✭Esel

F1ngers wrote: »

I chuckled a little bit due to your problem vis-a-vis your username. :)
    Nimr wrote: »
    Presuming that you're using Google Keyboard. Go to Settings - Language and Input, touch the settings button beside Google Keyboard and uncheck 'Vibrate on keypress'.

Not your ornery onager

Think it price is due to back to 219 euro tomorrow in argos

It seems it's actually gone down by about €2.50 today and until 11/11/2014. See if I can get me a phone and a cup of coffee while I play with it today for yesterday's price...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

its cheaper on amazon then argos "sale price"

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bener

I'd love to get this phone but it seems to be out of stock in the Dublin area :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Nolars wrote: »
    its cheaper on amazon then argos "sale price"

It's actually not, its listed as £144.55, with irish vat its £148.17 which converts to €185.78 on xe.com but you won't get that rate so it works out around the same or a bit dearer from amazon.

manu2009 wrote: »
    It's actually not, its listed as £144.55, with irish vat its £148.17 which converts to €185.78 on xe.com but you won't get that rate so it works out around the same or a bit dearer from amazon.

Amazon will charge €193.66 to your card for this.

bener wrote: »
    I'd love to get this phone but it seems to be out of stock in the Dublin area :-(

Keep checking. It was out of stock last week, came back in stock over the weekend when I reserved it and quickly went out of stock again.

manu2009 wrote: »

ah ok must of changed so when I bought it on amazon I was charged 177.

ah ok must of changed so when I bought it on amazon I was charged 177.

When, in March? :D

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=GBP&to=EUR&amount=148.17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Moto G to get Android 5! Good news for us gen1 G owners, it's included in the update list.
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/10/motorola-confirms-android-5-0-for-all-moto-x-moto-g-and-moto-e-models/

• Advertisement

no about 2 weeks ago, its obviously gone up so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Debating selling my 3G Moto G and buying the 4G version for about €50 extra than I paid.

Think it'd be worth my while?

4G is a plus but the lack of SD card on my current Moto G is killing it for me.

Great phone otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

anyone having any issues with their moto g 5" 2nd gen? Bought mine in argos last week and about 3 days in the 'e' button doesn't work when texting, w or r keeps popping up instead. So bloody frustrating. Yesterday the phone went bonkers and closed out of chrome its self, or went back on pages I'ld previously been on, or started opening apps on the phone, its as if someone was pressing on the back button which they weren't. Any ideas? otherwise a lovely phone!

denis160 wrote: »
    anyone having any issues with their moto g 5" 2nd gen? Bought mine in argos last week and about 3 days in the 'e' button doesn't work when texting, w or r keeps popping up instead. So bloody frustrating. Yesterday the phone went bonkers and closed out of chrome its self, or went back on pages I'ld previously been on, or started opening apps on the phone, its as if someone was pressing on the back button which they weren't. Any ideas? otherwise a lovely phone!

Download a screen/touch test app and see how that goes. It does sound like the digitiser is acting up.

Debating selling my 3G Moto G and buying the 4G version for about €50 extra than I paid.

Think it'd be worth my while?

4G is a plus but the lack of SD card on my current Moto G is killing it for me.

Great phone otherwise!

I'd wait for a 4G 5" model, no?

It seems it's actually gone down by about €2.50 today and until 11/11/2014. See if I can get me a phone and a cup of coffee while I play with it today for yesterday's price...:D

So I got my phone AND a coffee... Well impressed so far. Can't believe it costs less than €200!

So I got my phone AND a coffee... Well impressed so far. Can't believe it costs less than €200!

Its a great little phone. Whats everyone make of the 8MP camera? I dont think ya could ask for any better for a sub 200 euro phone.

Its a great little phone. Whats everyone make of the 8MP camera? I dont think ya could ask for any better for a sub 200 euro phone.

Camera is just OK for price. Was advised to download google camera app and it better to use than preloaded camera app.

Camera is just OK for price. Was advised to download google camera app and it better to use than preloaded camera app.

Might give it a go better in what way exactly? quicker focus etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Google camera app gets a lot of horrible reviews.

Advertisement