Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Nolars wrote: »
    haha same thing happened to me. I had to factory reset it for her and she was happy again.

She has that new candy crush game and refuses to sync it with Facebook so a factory reset would not only wipe her high score, it would also mean the end for my testicles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How much for One Plus One?

I have 200€ budget.
    For that you shd get the one plus one tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I have 200€ budget.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394473

Bargain Alerts Thread. It's long and I haven't read it but skim the end of it and you should get answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

I have 200€ budget.

its 320 delivered to Ireland. Depends if you wanna spend the extra bit for the extra features which are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately still above my budget.

Max I can go is 220€
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394473

Bargain Alerts Thread. It's long and I haven't read it but skim the end of it and you should get answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

One annoying little change, which i assume is from lollipop.

When taking photos with the stock camera app, for continious shooting you just needed to keep your finger on the screen. Now you need to hold the vol. down button. Not nearly as intuitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

The_B_Man wrote: »
    She has that new candy crush game and refuses to sync it with Facebook so a factory reset would not only wipe her high score, it would also mean the end for my testicles!!

Sounds like you may install Helium
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

I have the 2nd gen Moto G, I updated to Lollipop 2 weeks ago which I regret..

Anyways, probably unrelated, but my phone has frozen with the words "com.google.process.gapps" across the screen. Today is the 1st time it's happened. I turned my phone off earlier for 2 mins and ever since I turned it back on it's been frozen.

I've googled those words, and I've watched YouTube videos on how to fix the problem in settings--->apps>download manager> disable, but it hasn't worked. I've tried a few more videos as well but none of their solutions has helped.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Flappy Burd

Hey guys.

Did a factory reset to get rid of Lollipop but although all my data was deleted lollipop is still on it!

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hey guys.

Did a factory reset to get rid of Lollipop but although all my data was deleted lollipop is still on it!

Any ideas?

You will need to flash a new ROM onto it to get rid of Lollipop.

All factory reset does is delete user data and installed apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Try it a while, it's probably more responsive now. If you want to get rid of lollipop altogether you'll have to go about it the hard way and manually stick an image on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭tiegan

I have had lollipop on first gen moto g for about a week now. No major issues, battery life about the same, seems as fast as kit kat - couple of tiny issues, but I seem to have got away light compared to some of you. Although the first gen does seem to be having less issues than the 2nd and 4g models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

tiegan wrote: »
    I have had lollipop on first gen moto g for about a week now. No major issues, battery life about the same, seems as fast as kit kat - couple of tiny issues, but I seem to have got away light compared to some of you. Although the first gen does seem to be having less issues than the 2nd and 4g models.

Very few complaints about it on here really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's not in 4G models yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hi just wondering wheres cheapest to buy the moto g 2nd gen currently, was checking uk amazon but the exchange rate there pushes it above my price range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    hi just wondering wheres cheapest to buy the moto g 2nd gen currently, was checking uk amazon but the exchange rate there pushes it above my price range

Amazon UK has the 4g version for £117, pretty good deal that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Guys my moto g 2nd gen is absolutly ****e at the mo.Serious lagging,blank screen when hitting home buttom for a few secs.
    Ages opening apps and being able to use em.
    Did a factory reset already but still the same???

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Redriddick wrote: »
    Guys my moto g 2nd gen is absolutly ****e at the mo.Serious lagging,blank screen when hitting home buttom for a few secs.

I did two factory resets and found performance improved after the second!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Redriddick wrote:
    Guys my moto g 2nd gen is absolutly ****e at the mo.Serious lagging,blank screen when hitting home buttom for a few secs. Ages opening apps and being able to use em. Did a factory reset already but still the same???

How much of a lag was there when you ran it in safe mode?

Might try the factory reset again.Also facebook videos wont play.they will try to start and then unknown error
    occurred and closes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

My 1st Gen is working much better after a factory reset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Have to say I find that a few weeks after the lollipop upgrade my 2nd Gen Moto G is performing very well. No lagging or anything like that. I came from a Samsung S3 which had become very laggy since the KitKat upgrade and the Moto G zips along in comparison.

Now I will admit that the Moto G wasn't great in the hours immediately after the upgrade and I did a factory reset and got rid of the RTE app which was draining the battery. Those two things seemed to give an immediate performance improvement.

I also use Clean Master app (which I had on the S3) to clean junk etc. It warns me if any apps are constantly restarting etc and consuming resources as a result. I find this can happen with some apps and suspect it is more to do with the app than the phone. If I don't need/use the app I just get rid of it. If I do need the app I force stop it and then restart it and that seems to usually solve the issue. But that said restarting apps isn't a very common problem. Also I got into the habit of rebooting my S3 every couple of days to make sure the phone got a chance to reset and have kept that up with the Moto G. It only takes a minute but it seemed to help with the S3 so I just kept that going. It's all about trying to prevent problems before they arise.

Try some of that and maybe you'll see an improvement in the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I was having the same trouble with the RTÉ app, which was annoying. Only this morning I found you can access all the RTÉ stories via Google's Newsstand app. The layout is more logical and it all looks more slick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Also have had no problems since lollipop update. it's probably the longest time a Rom has stayed on my phone.

I have a Firefox shortcut on my home screen for RTE news m.rte.ie and it looks andworks perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Anybody know where I can pick up a 2nd Gen? Doesn't have to be 4G. Argos seems to be sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

I had a few issues with my 1st after the lollipop update I wiped the cache partition and it seems to have improved some what.

Can anyone tell me there the portrait/landscape toggle is now on the latest Android version ? I can't find the bloody thing anywhere on my Moto G. It's find and easily accessible on my Nexus.

Edit: It's hidden away in Accessibility ffs. Once you switch it on there then it appears as a toggle from the drop down.

http://allaboutmotog.com/where-is-the-settings-for-auto-rotate-screen-after-lollipop-update-for-moto-g-and-moto-x/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭tiegan

Novice question, but if I do a factory reset do i lose my contacts? Pics are backed up and do not mind losing music. Any other downside? For a very untech savvy it looks like a better option that clearing the cache which would seem to have plenty pitfalls for a novice!! Any advice greatly received.

I have done another factory reset and cleared the cache and it has improved no end.
    Only problem now is that no videos in facebook will play and I mean none!!!!

Novice question, but if I do a factory reset do i lose my contacts? Pics are backed up and do not mind losing music. Any other downside? For a very untech savvy it looks like a better option that clearing the cache which would seem to have plenty pitfalls for a novice!! Any advice greatly received.

Try the cache clearing,just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Try the cache clearing,just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

Or download clean master.

Contacts are backed up and added once you sign back into Google. Texts are not kept. However, there are a number of text backup apps available.

All data from most apps, like saved games etc will be lost.

Try using something like Android Assistant to clear system and cache etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I ordered a Moto-G yesterday! Cant wait till it comes. I asked the sales assistant if there are different versions or models of it, he said no, its just either a Moto-G or a Moto-E. Still, looking forward to getting it!

newmug wrote: »
    I ordered a Moto-G yesterday! Cant wait till it comes. I asked the sales assistant if there are different versions or models of it, he said no, its just either a Moto-G or a Moto-E. Still, looking forward to getting it!

about 4 versions of the moto g at this stage :D

The moto E also has a replacement :-$

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steveh1

I was in argos today looking at the gen2, they have a new model listed on the in store stock checker that doesn't show up on their website. Moto G Titan lte for 229 i think it was.

Does anybody know if this model is a dual sim, Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Or download clean master.

Them apps are counter productive since Android 4.1 - I don't know why people keep recommending them when the OS handles all that internally since 4.1....

Balls. Thats what I was afraid of! Which one is the best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's a tiny upgrade. Not worth 40 euro more. Its getting near enough to one plus one range. The moto g range really hasn't upgraded much from the original, which is a massive shame.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's a tiny upgrade. Not worth 40 euro more. Its getting near enough to one plus one range. The moto g range really hasn't upgraded much from the original, which is a massive shame.

Isnt the one plus one about 370euro now tho?

What are the differences between this and the other ones? How can you tell them apart, model number or something?

newmug wrote: »
    What are the differences between this and the other ones? How can you tell them apart, model number or something?

Stolen from amazon

- Version 1 Moto G: 3G, single-SIM, 4.5in HD screen, 8GB/16GB storage (XT1032 - released in 2013)
    - Version 2 Moto G: 4G, single-SIM, 4.5in HD screen, 8GB storage (XT1039 - released in June 2014)
    - Version 3 Moto G: 3G, dual-SIM, 5in HD screen, 8GB storage (XT1068 - released in September 2014)
    - Version 4 Moto G: 4G, single-SIM, 5in HD screen, 8GB storage (XT1072 - released in March 2015)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Anyone notice WiFi signal drops momentarily since lollipop update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

RossieMan wrote: »

It's not really anywhere near one plus range is it. It's well over a hundred in the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

wont be 2 long before its on sale id imagine.

Anyone having trouble getting into recovery mode? After selecting Recovery from the bootloader I just get the dead android guy with a No Command message.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble getting into recovery mode? After selecting Recovery from the bootloader I just get the dead android guy with a No Command message.

How to Enter Recovery Mode on Motorola Moto G

I know, but it's not working. I get an android with a red exclamation mark, no matter what combination of buttons I press after selecting Recovery from the fast boot menu.

Edit, from step 7 on in that document is incorrect for my phone anyway. At that point I have to hold down the power button and press volume up once to get the recovery menu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement