Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Its pure speculation. People looking for hits for their website so they get money from google ads. I'd be highly surprised if they upgrade the spec that much, if they do the price will definitely go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Lekrub wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply. I think I'll go with it then. From what I read it could be awhile since the new one comes out. Been awhile with apple but looking forward to switch to this for the price. Plus no more itunes!

Carphone warehouse have the huawei g7 for €240, specs look better than the Moto g, or if you are feeling brave have a look in the Chinese android forum

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

lollipop completely ruined my 2nd gen moto G

Its so laggy now and stuttery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Did you do a complete factory reset? I updated 2 moto G's 2nd gen and they are perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

wilser wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse have the huawei g7 for €240, specs look better than the Moto g, or if you are feeling brave have a look in the Chinese android forum

I checked it out. Usually I would like to risk it on something like that but I don't have time to research. I'm sure some good deals can come out of there! (and the exact opposite too). Gonna check the spec of the g7. Moving from a 4s and tbh its the screen size and itunes that is starting to annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Lekrub wrote: »
    I checked it out. Usually I would like to risk it on something like that but I don't have time to research. I'm sure some good deals can come out of there! (and the exact opposite too). Gonna check the spec of the g7. Moving from a 4s and tbh its the screen size and itunes that is starting to annoy me.

Those Huaweii P7 and G7's are nice looking phones, havent got one, but I was in a CPW shop over the weekend and I was well impressed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Those Huaweii P7 and G7's are nice looking phones, havent got one, but I was in a CPW shop over the weekend and I was well impressed with them.

The G7 is very nice and the p7 I'd take a chance on if it drops abit in price. Huawei are certainly getting more premium. The new p8 looks like a great piece to.

My moto g second gen is loosing 30% charge over night... My battery app is showing nothing unusual. Factory reset is a ball breaker and I'm trying to avoid it. None of my apps are using excess battery. Im on lollipip.... Wonder is my battery F***** :(.

I hate this phone as of late, Anyone tried flashing CM12????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My moto g second gen is loosing 30% charge over night... My battery app is showing nothing unusual. Factory reset is a ball breaker and I'm trying to avoid it. None of my apps are using excess battery. Im on lollipip.... Wonder is my battery F***** :(.

Why on earth is factory reset a ball breaker?

The only thing you use as long as you back up contacts and pictures to an SD card is SMS messages.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »

The only thing you use as long as you back up contacts and pictures to an SD card is SMS messages.

Downloading and configuring all my apps again. I don't use an SD card so I'll be transferring everything over to a USB key and back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It can be a minor pain reinstalling any side loaded apps, I just save them all to Dropbox though so not a huge inconvenience. Also getting your home screen back to how it was can take bit of tinkering. So in my experience somewhere in between being nothing and a ball breaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Here's a ridiculous question: Do you have credit in your phone?

For some reason when I have no credit, my Moto G drops battery like abnormally fast, even on standby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Did you clear cache?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-g-2013/388151-cache-clear-moto-g-print.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I wish people would stop...whinging in here about how sh1te the phone is since updating when they can't be arsed to reset it.

Seriously starting to get pissed off with stupid thread bumps...I should probably click unfollow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Well I reset it and I cleared the cache and it's still pants. No wonder people are bitching. This single update turned a great little phone into a laggy piece of crap in an instant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

Well that's just great. I take my phone out of my pocket and it's done a factory reset even though the screen was locked.

Just brilliant, now I have to restore all my apps etc and I'm abroad.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I wish people would stop...whinging in here about how sh1te the phone is since updating when they can't be arsed to reset it.

Seriously starting to get pissed off with stupid thread bumps...I should probably click unfollow.

Maybe you should, because it's not always the panacea. It certainly hasn't been mine. I have another phone here still running on Kitkat and there's a world of difference.

I like the new touches within Lollipop, but the impact on the battery life and response is a major downside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Mousewar wrote: »
    Well I reset it and I cleared the cache and it's still pants. No wonder people are bitching. This single update turned a great little phone into a laggy piece of crap in an instant.

Did you try nova launcher? I found it did help. Also every couple of days I look at running apps and stop the unnecessary apps running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I think that everyone (including me) stating that a factory reset and cache clear is missing the point. There should be no reason to do all this, especially when it wasn't needed for all the previous updates.. Google made a mistake with lollipop and messed up a lot of good devices needlessly.

Its the change from Davik that causes the lag. Its a pretty new system build, that's why you have to factory reset to get it sorted.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Its the change from Davik that causes the lag. Its a pretty new system build, that's why you have to factory reset to get it sorted.

I know but it's not an improvement. If not broken and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

T-Bird wrote: »
    I know but it's not an improvement. If not broken and all that.

Here I was thinking I was missing out on things by not staying on Kitkat, but I'm glad I did. I'll keep it til I flog it and get Android L or M on a newer phone.

If things didn't change nothing would get better.

Look at Harddrives. From HDD to SDD, Massive difference.

This is just the start for Android, we'll have phones booting in a couple of seconds.
    Yes Lollipop has its flaws, bt the majority of people get along just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

A star has appeared beside the signal strength icon at the top of my screen. Anybody know what that's about?
    It wasn't there a couple of hours ago

A star has appeared beside the signal strength icon at the top of my screen. Anybody know what that's about?

Did you turn on Motorola Assist? It uses that icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ah! That could be it. I didn't, but the phone went on autopilot earlier and changed a load of my settings around for some reason. Thought I got them all back.

*heads off to check out Motorola Assist*

edit: Yep, that was it, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Seems you have the answer but that star is also the icon for priority interruptions that's on the volume dropdown when you adjust the sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

T-Bird wrote: »
    I think that everyone (including me) stating that a factory reset and cache clear is missing the point. There should be no reason to do all this, especially when it wasn't needed for all the previous updates.. Google made a mistake with lollipop and messed up a lot of good devices needlessly.

Aye, it's worked for me but it's desperately lazy programming on Google's part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Here I was thinking I was missing out on things by not staying on Kitkat, but I'm glad I did. I'll keep it til I flog it and get Android L or M on a newer phone.

Do you get prompted to upgrade to Lollipop continuously?

If theres a way of turning that off i might just downgrade to KitKat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Doge wrote: »
    Do you get prompted to upgrade to Lollipop continuously?

If theres a way of turning that off i might just downgrade to KitKat.

It was mentioned earlier, I'm on phone but do a search for the word upgrade using the search thread thingy at the top of the page if you're on full site. Then sort by newest and work your way back.

Or maybe google be quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

You're a gent!

Heres the post if anyones interested:
    inigo wrote: »
    After some more research it looks I figured it out myself. I just disabled the MotorolaOTA app in Settings>Apps. It's been a few hours without the full-screen notification coming up, thankfully.

Edit: loads more methods here:

http://www.droidviews.com/disable-ota-notifications-android-devices/

Update available for my 4G 1st Gen this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Same here. I installed it and it's working fine so far. I'm actually finding it less laggy than KitKat, but it's early days.

Update to 5.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

nc6000 wrote: »
    Update to 5.1?

Yes, 5.1. They skipped 5.0 on the 4G version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Any news on the Moto G gen 3 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Anyone else experience an issue with their Moto G where if you want to type something into a text box on a website using Chrome and the keyboard begins opening and closing and just repeating the process?

Only seems to happen on Chrome!

Pov06 wrote: »
    Anyone else experience an issue with their Moto G where if you want to type something into a text box on a website using Chrome and the keyboard begins opening and closing and just repeating the process?

Only seems to happen on Chrome!

Try removing and reinstalling Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've had the same thing, it's a pain in the ass. Closing Chrome and reopening sorts it for me.

Pale moon browser works very well on moto g.

http://www.gsmarena.com/alleged_live_photos_of_moto_g_2015_make_the_rounds_online-news-12742.php

Seems the specs of the Moto G 3rd generation are not exactly glowing.

Snap 410
    1gb ram....AGAIN. That's not enough these days for jaysus sake.
    Same 5" 720p screen..... All the rumours of the 1080p screen appear to be bull.

That's abit of a crappy upgrade over the second gen.

Disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Full screen ads have started appearing on my MotoG, some for games, one for online chat. Any idea where they are coming from or how to get rid of them? They started appearing after I installed the Applock App, connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

I got a notification on my Moto G 4G to upgrade to 5.1 this morning. I haven't bitten the bullet yet, anyone else tried it? Thoughts so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Pizzle wrote: »
    I got a notification on my Moto G 4G to upgrade to 5.1 this morning. I haven't bitten the bullet yet, anyone else tried it? Thoughts so far?

I did, took about 30 mins – not sure about it tbh, some nice new touches but doesn’t seem a whole lot different otherwise - plus FB is ridiculously slow since installing

• Advertisement

I updated my 4g and did backup and restore.

Speed is back but how the hell do I now find the shortcut to put the phone on silent/vibrate etc.

I updated my 4g and did backup and restore.

Speed is back but how the hell do I now find the shortcut to put the phone on silent/vibrate etc.

http://www.quora.com/How-can-I-turn-my-Lollipop-Moto-G-to-silent-mode-suddenly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Used to follow this thread and bought a moto g because of the recommendations here for my wife.
    Fantastic phone, no complaints at all until this week. Phone was working perfectly, and suddenly the battery doesn't hold its charge anymore. Charge it at 11pm, and without any usage the battery is at 5% by 9am.
    Has anyone come across this before, and would a factory reset perhaps help? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I'm even more lost now!
    Hit volume down, then press 'none' and leave it on indefinitely = phone on full silent.
    That's as close to a shortcut as you're gonna get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement