Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in a different field than Degree

Options
  • 13-11-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm wondering is it possible to do a masters in a field that has nothing to do with my degree. I'm in 4th of of software design and web development and I just hate it. I've never failed an exam and got a 1.1 in the first 3 years, I'm not sure how I did that because I really don't understand what I'm doing, I think I'm just good at learning things off.
    I really want to do primary teaching but missed out on that by only getting a D1 in higher Irish. I also enjoy photography, English or psychology. Just anything but software. Is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

you could do a conversion course? Usually Masters or HDip (or PgDip or whatever they're called now), which are designed for graduates of other disciplines. Usually will take two years instead of the three to four years it would take to do an undergrad. For some you may need some relevant work experience though. But yes, it's definitely possible, and a number of courses are specifically designed for this.

Advertisement