Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TI Race Calendar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭huber

The South West looks pretty empty to me........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Anybody hear when/where the Intervarsity Champs are this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Just had a look at the calender there, no Kilkenny this year ??

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Not so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Hopefully it pops up during the year. It's a great event and on my door step. Jim might be a bit preoccupied with the cycle against suicide events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Sometimes a race can be sold from the original organiser who may not pay much attention to detail and cut costs where ever possible, to a commerical company who pride itself on delivering a high end participant experience. The costs in the former compared to the latter would mean the provided books wouldn't reflect the reality meaning profit projections would not be valid.

Not saying anything about this race of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

tunney wrote: »
    Sometimes a race can be sold from the original organiser who may not pay much attention to detail and cut costs where ever possible, to a commerical company who pride itself on delivering a high end participant experience. The costs in the former compared to the latter would mean the provided books wouldn't reflect the reality meaning profit projections would not be valid.

Not saying anything about this race of course.

Okey doke. Still an enjoyable race imo. Although marshalling the bike route might be better. I'd an arguement with a car on the bike route last year. I lost.

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Okey doke. Still an enjoyable race imo. Although marshalling the bike route might be better. I'd an arguement with a car on the bike route last year. I lost.

Didn't like it.
    Swim depended on knowing the currents.
    Bike wasn't great
    Run was a disaster, too many laps of a confusing course meant a huge number didn't do the full course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Didn't like it.
    Swim depended on knowing the currents.
    Bike wasn't great
    Run was a disaster, too many laps of a confusing course meant a huge number didn't do the full course.

Ok we must be in the twilight zone.........i agree with you again:eek:

I thought the cycle was dangerous at times and the run was badly marshalled add to that two marshalls in transition meant there were people just wandering around it who weren't meant to be there.

Mrs Jones did it as well and wasn't impressed either.

It we be considered local to me as well but if i had another option on the same day i'd go elsewhere.

Ok we must be in the twilight zone.........i agree with you again:eek:

I thought the cycle was dangerous at times and the run was badly marshalled add to that two marshalls in transition meant there were people just wandering around it who weren't meant to be there.

Ah but you can blame the marshalls for bogging off on the run? Weren't you warned about the cut offs?

• Advertisement

I didnt do that race, but I was there. I thought it was under-marshalled. Particularly in transition. You see that a bit in races run for profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

anyone know when mullaghmore tri is open for entry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

TI Calendar is showing two NS Sprints on the same day 16th August, Blackwater in Cork, and Tri-the-Hook in Wexford. Surely thats a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    TI Calendar is showing two NS Sprints on the same day 16th August, Blackwater in Cork, and Tri-the-Hook in Wexford. Surely thats a mistake?

There should be similar the previous weekend. They are two of the provincial champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

BTH wrote: »
    There should be similar the previous weekend. They are two of the provincial champs.

Cant understand how tri-the hook would get to be a NS race. did it last year and it was pretty shocking,

short swim (maybe 500m),
    two port a loos in a field, one blew over meaning it was covered in sh*t inside and not useable.
    worst bike course i have ever been on in terms of pot-holes, in one section you spent longer picking line through the road rather than actual cycling. shockingly marshalled (there were a number of accidents last year i think, one guy on the run got mowed down by a bike while crossing the road as the run course intersects the bike - granted i think the racer and marshall may have been at fault on this one),
    kids for marshalls on the bike course
    road open to traffic,

i could continue that list.

Two Provinces Tri NS Sprint is now open on TI. This was a great race last year, very well organized.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Two Provinces Tri NS Sprint is now open on TI. This was a great race last year, very well organized.
    That was my first non-club training tri last year(ever). very good race. Cant afford it right now but will def enter it when I get funds.
    Excellent race.

Last year was the first time I haven't done this race, and that was only because I was just after surgery. In again for this year, although I'll need to actually do some training soon.

I've never done it and they are the closest tri club to home and there are good people in the club. The course looks like my kind of course. Really enjoyed their aquathon last year. I'm in :)

Last year was the first time I haven't done this race, and that was only because I was just after surgery. In again for this year, although I'll need to actually do some training soon.

We have a lot of head to heads this year dude! :cool: Don't give us that "...actually do some training lark..." I'm waiting for your weekly training load to show up on the SBR any hour now!

• Advertisement

We have a lot of head to heads this year dude! :cool: Don't give us that "...actually do some training lark..." I'm waiting for your weekly training load to show up on the SBR any hour now!

I haven't trained in 12 days now. I have no immune system after spending so much of last year on antibiotics. Downtime of a similar length in January means I've really only done two weeks training in the last 11 weeks. I've also put on another 1.5kg in the last fortnight, up to a massive 73.5kg. In context, I was dipping below 70 in November. I don't think you need to worry about me this summer. Pgibbo probably will get that scalp he's looking for!

I haven't trained in 12 days now. I have no immune system after spending so much of last year on antibiotics. Downtime of a similar length in January means I've really only done two weeks training in the last 11 weeks. I've also put on another 1.5kg in the last fortnight, up to a massive 73.5kg. In context, I was dipping below 70 in November. I don't think you need to worry about me this summer. Pgibbo probably will get that scalp he's looking for!

Haha...well I certainly would not be ruling out the likes of you either way! Sorry to hear that though, downtime is such a fvcker! As for Gibbo-yeah, I must see what races we are both doing, he had me running scared in Sligo last year!

Wow, Crooked Lake (Sprint NC) sold out in 44minutes this morning! Missed it myself.

Dublin City Tri now open for entries, shouldn't sell out for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Got an email from dublin city tri this morning just to say that race entries are open and they have already sold half of them. Could be sold out quick enough so.

joey100 wrote: »
    Got an email from dublin city tri this morning just to say that race entries are open and they have already sold half of them. Could be sold out quick enough so.

TEAM IN TRAINING - Irish Style.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

joey100 wrote: »

Is it not like national champs or something every year and then they're still flogging entries in the last week?

Is it not like national champs or something every year and then they're still flogging entries in the last week?

A friend of my aunties cousin's dog groomer brother swam in the liffey once and a rat bit his balls off and then he got some mad disease and died.

A friend of my aunties cousin's dog groomer brother swam in the liffey once and a rat bit his balls off and then he got some mad disease and died.
    You know that Dave chap? He was alright till he swam in the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

I missed Crooked Lake entry too. Sold out in 44 mins, I was in a bloody meeting and logged in upon the hour and all sold out! The race director said:
    "we have no way of predicting how quickly it will sell. Last year it was about 8 hours, the previous year approx 2 days, in other years, a week or more.
    It's obviously become very popular. But I've heard that they just release one big mass wave of everyone and it can be very messy at the beginning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

lizanne83 wrote: »
    I missed Crooked Lake entry too. Sold out in 44 mins, I was in a bloody meeting and logged in upon the hour and all sold out! The race director said:
    "we have no way of predicting how quickly it will sell. Last year it was about 8 hours, the previous year approx 2 days, in other years, a week or more.
    It's obviously become very popular. But I've heard that they just release one big mass wave of everyone and it can be very messy at the beginning...

I thought there were waves (3 I think) and a good wide starting line. I can be corrected though!!

Advertisement