Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Licenses that sell unusual bottles of beer?

Options
  • 13-11-2013 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hi, would anyone know where I could buy a good selection of bottled beers? The more unusual the better...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

You could try McCambridges or the off-licence on the corner in Salthill, the one towards the top of the main street was pretty good too from what I remember.
    Dunnes is currently doing a 4 exotic beers for €8.50 promotion but it's the stuff they've had in for the last couple of years, Chocolate Stout, Banana Bread Beer, Speckled Hen and some Wychwood stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hi, would anyone know where I could buy a good selection of bottled beers? The more unusual the better...thanks

I get to Lohans in Salthill when I can. Good selection for such a small offy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fine Wines Raven Terrace have gotten a huge range of very different stuff in recently. Not your average different ones either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

It's nothing totally off the wall but O'Brien's are alright, they've a fairly wide selection anyway. I discovered Inis and Gunn in there so I feel like I owe them a plug! There's one in the Tesco shopping centre, the staff are lovely too, really helpful if you're looking for something specific or if you have nooo idea what you're looking for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazyhorse

Another shout for Lohans in Salthill. O'Briens at Galway SC on Headford Rd. have nice selection too - recommend BrewDog, Sierra Nevada and Norwegian 0 (watch out, high alc content!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks very much! I'm going to go to each place this weekend as am trying to get as many different types as possible! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

if you have transport supervalu in moycullen have a huge selection of craft beers etc.And good prices too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Cool, I learned a few places to (re)check-out again too. I wonder if the barna Supervalue is as good as moycullen?

Btw, Obriens has a website at least: http://www.obrienswine.ie/ (whiskey drinkers take note: they occasionally have good specials and free shipping)

And when you are truly doing a tasting night and want something special try: http://www.drinkstore.ie/

And lastly, everyone is welcome over at http://www.beoir.org/ whether talking Irish craft brew or just beer in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

The Galway Bay brand (Oslo, salthouse, Cottage, Scholars Rest) are starting to bottle their ales brewed in the Oslo. Haven't seen them on sale anywhere yet though.

Has anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Galway Bay brand (Oslo, salthouse, Cottage, Scholars Rest) are starting to bottle their ales brewed in the Oslo. Haven't seen them on sale anywhere yet though.

Has anyone else?

McCambridge's and O'Brien's both stock them as do a few pubs in town (Townhouse definitely do).

Their labels are pretty cool. Love the barcode on the newest batch!

1460305_412066635586774_1920492407_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Spar on Mainguard Street also have Galway Bay stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Seaneh wrote: »
    McCambridge's and O'Brien's both stock them as do a few pubs in town (Townhouse definitely do).

Their labels are pretty cool. Love the barcode on the newest batch!

Also noticed them in Joyces Knocknacara at the weekend. Got a couple, happy out. They bottle well, can't notice the difference between them and draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

anyone know where i can get Beer Lao or even Chang in Galway ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Also noticed them in Joyces Knocknacara at the weekend. Got a couple, happy out. They bottle well, can't notice the difference between them and draft.

The first batch of bottles wasn't great, lots of people reporting problems with carbonation but it's been sorted since.

The IPA and the Stout work very well in the bottles I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Notch000 wrote: »

I have definitely seen chang in Joyces at times and I think dunnes too but not 100% on that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Notch000 wrote: »

I saw beer Lao in Dunnes Terryland yesterday. It was the 660ml bottles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

The offy @ tesco shopping centre is very good. (O'Briens it think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks to everyone who posted here in response to my original post. I managed to get a good few unusual ones.

Advertisement