Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 13-11-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Moving to Dunshaughlin soon and was wondering if there are any parks or running tracks around for myself and the madra?
    I can't seem to pick anything up on Google maps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Starting to worry now... is there even broadband?? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

There is a park beside the estate behind supervalu but it's mainly used by children and teenagers. It doesnt have a running track, it's more of a play/recreational areas with swings and a skate ramp. For walks you'd be better off walking around the town or estates.

There is broadband but it's basic eircom DSL with speeds around 12/16meg in the centre of the town but more like 2-8meg outside of the town. Fibre is coming to Dunshaughlin next February/March but it will only be available within the town itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

yomchi wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Moving to Dunshaughlin soon and was wondering if there are any parks or running tracks around for myself and the madra?
    I can't seem to pick anything up on Google maps.

Plenty of places to run in Dunsh. I personally like running between the estates in the village.

There are also tracks outside the village if you do not fancy running in the village itself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

there are pitches/fields just on the Dublin side of Dunshaughlin along side the Ind estate on the right. Drive into the ind est.

Have brought my kids there before and it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Dalganark is just down the road, nice walk around that. Or you could head up to Tara which is five minutes away. Great place for a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Dalganark is just down the road, nice walk around that. Or you could head up to Tara which is five minutes away. Great place for a run.

But dogs not allowed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Thanks folks for all the help. Ideally a field/football pitch would be great as I bring the dog with me when running. Ill suss all those options out thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Starting to worry now... is there even broadband?? ;)

At the moment I'm getting about 6Mpbs with Eircom, As the other poster said where getting about 25Mpbs February with eFiber.

We will have more choices from other providers next year with Vodafone, Digiweb, UTV Connect and Magnet all using the eircom network.

More info then you needed but there you go. Enjoy Sunny Dunshauglin.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Thanks folks for all the help. Ideally a field/football pitch would be great as I bring the dog with me when running. Ill suss all those options out thanks again
    Just as long as you clean up after your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

karltimber wrote: »
    there are pitches/fields just on the Dublin side of Dunshaughlin along side the Ind estate on the right. Drive into the ind est.

Have brought my kids there before and it's fine.

No dogs allowed in there anymore unfortunately. Big sign on the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jenny butterly

My family and I were looking at moving to Dunshaughlin too but there are not that many houses for rent. How did you find your house? Are there any other options other than daft??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rainbow bright

Hi All,

I am looking to move to the area and I am just trying to get as much feedback as I can.

Are there nice running spots ? They don't have to be pretty just once there are places available. (we have run some routes in Tallaght and I maybe a north sider but even I feared to stop....) are there any fitness classes? Right now I do kickboxing in Dublin but I have no intentions on giving up but would like to know as a way of meeting ppl in the area. My partner plays football/astro is there anything like this available?

Is there nice places to eat or go for the evening in Dunshaughlin?

I have read that there is an annual festival is that still going ?

Is there any update on the broadband?

Thanks

Rainbow bright

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

Hi All,

I am looking to move to the area and I am just trying to get as much feedback as I can.

Are there nice running spots ? They don't have to be pretty just once there are places available. (we have run some routes in Tallaght and I maybe a north sider but even I feared to stop....) are there any fitness classes? Right now I do kickboxing in Dublin but I have no intentions on giving up but would like to know as a way of meeting ppl in the area. My partner plays football/astro is there anything like this available?

Thanks

Rainbow bright

Hi Rainbow Bright, trying to find some feedback ourselves on Dunshaughlin especially in terms of restaurants cafes etc. Have you had much of a response to your queries?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

Hi All,

Thanks

Rainbow bright

Hi Rainbow Bright, trying to find some feedback ourselves on Dunshaughlin especially in terms of restaurants cafes etc. Have you had much of a response to your queries?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You don't have a great choice for restaurants in Dunshaughlin unfortunately. There's a Chinese (Golden Phoenix), which is standard run-of-the-mill Chinese. An Italian (Fontana's) which is very nice for lunch and dinner. When I was home at Christmas there was an Indian restaurant called Taj Mahal, which was lovely, but it's off the main street behind loads of vacant units and doesn't get much footfall so I wouldn't be surprised if it was gone by now.

There are also a couple of pubs that do food - An Síbín (decent) and Peters (not good).

Ratoath is only 10 mins drive away and has a better choice of restaurants.

The Harvest Festival has been going the past few years every September and has been a great success and really brings an atmosphere and sense of community to the village. It runs from the 25th-28th September this year, and you can find all the info on the website http://dunfest.com/.

Can't advise on broadband or running tracks I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scuphi

Any 5 / 6 a side games of astro going of a Monday evening in Dunshaughlin (soccer)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

scuphi wrote: »
    Any 5 / 6 a side games of astro going of a Monday evening in Dunshaughlin (soccer)?

Yes pm me if you want to play. You could even join us today if interested.

Advertisement