Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Latitude Series (E5530) - DC jack location and alternative generic chargers

Options
  • 13-11-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi there-

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why Dell decided to but the power cord jack in the back left corner of the Lattitude E5530? It's an unbelievably poor location, especially when the charger end you plug in sticks out a mile.

Completely inconvenient if you're not using it at a desk.

More enlightened members might clue me in to reasoning behind this seemingless useless ergonomic design.

Also have people come across "less sticky outey" generic chargers for DELLs?

Best Regards,
    Oldbie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

you could prob just get a new plug for your laptop and then cut the cable and make it a shorter one. just make sure of the polarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭oldbie

Yeah it's the part you plug into the laptop that's the problem. I wonder if it's possible to make/adapt/buy something that sits alot flusher to the unit and that can rotate if stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

you should be able to get one in maplin or maybe RS

Cheers. Sure I'll give it a lash and report back.

Didn't bother in the end. I just stated using one of those laptop base thingys instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement