Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoner/doom/slowcore classic bands & albums

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

New Pallbearer album on the way...'Foundations of Burden' release date 22nd Aug. Really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Robotito wrote: »
    New Pallbearer album on the way...'Foundations of Burden' release date 22nd Aug. Really looking forward to this

Following on from this, I've been listening to the new album and it is absolutely superb. One of my favourite albums of the year all ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yep, it's absolutely amazing. Any fans of doom would be doing themselves a disservice not checking it out. The last one was a minor modern classic in the genre and this one is even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Andymancan

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big bump for one of my favourite threads on here

Ahab's The Boats of the Glen Carrig has to go down as one of the bets albums of the year, any funeral doom fans need to check it out.

Windhand just released their 3rd album, Grief's Infernal Flower. Really enjoying it, maybe not quite as good as Soma, but still a fantastic listen. You can stream/buy it here

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Must check out the new Windhand album. Soma is an album that just begs to be belted out through a nice set of speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

The new Deafheaven album 'New Bermuda' has just been released and it is brilliant, a definite contender for album of the year.
    I must also check out the new Windhand album asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Robotito wrote: »
    The new Deafheaven album 'New Bermuda' has just been released and it is brilliant, a definite contender for album of the year.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Stoner/doom music though.

Slomatics are definitely the best band in Ireland doing this stoner/doom style. Their most recent album Estron is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Don't know if they've been mentioned yet but A Pale Horse Named Death is definitely worth a listen, have some really good songs and a good mix of them as well
    Stoned Jesus might be worth a listen if you're after stoner rock as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

bushball wrote: »
    Stoned Jesus might be worth a listen if you're after stoner rock as well

They're brilliant, phenomenal live. Got to see them in a little room of about 70 or so people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Slomatics are definitely the best band in Ireland doing this stoner/doom style. Their most recent album Estron is amazing!
    Saw them supporting Church of Misery in Fibbers back in April, was a fantastic set.

Church of Misery themselves were awesome too.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

They're brilliant, phenomenal live. Got to see them in a little room of about 70 or so people.
    I am the Mountain is an amazing song, I'd love to see em live

Heres a good APHND song btw, it's kind of a middle ground for them, they have slower more depressing kinda songs and then more upbeat but still slightly depressing ones, definitely worth checking out though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuZlhtwFT1M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

bushball wrote: »
    I am the Mountain is an amazing song, I'd love to see em live

Epic is a word that's thrown around with reckless abandon, but it's the most fitting description for the performance of that song. So tight, and the vocals are really strong live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

Just listening to some of these after mass with the granny and family. She loves her bit of doom granny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Big bump for one of my favourite threads on here

Ahab's The Boats of the Glen Carrig has to go down as one of the bets albums of the year, any funeral doom fans need to check it out.

Yes! It is phenomenal. Such sheer aural pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

This forum has been boring as fuck in recent months. Have some Pentagram :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Advertisement