Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illamasqua Recs

• 13-11-2013 8:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going up to Belfast at the weekend and would like to get some stuff from Illamasqua, never tried anything from them before.

I'm interested in foundation and something for contouring mainly... and maybe a lipstick. Definitely getting nail polish :D Anyone have favourites, or it there anything they wouldn't recommend?

I have enough mascara, highlighter and eyeshadows, so trying to avoiding getting more!

Ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I've never tried their make up products before, but apparently their skin base foundation is meant to be amazing, and their lipsticks are meant to be amazing too.

I have their nail polish in Poke. It's a gorgeous purple colour. It's more vibrant on the nail than it is in the bottle, and it looks much better in reality than in photos. In photos it can look matte sometimes, but its not, its super glossy and it dries super quickly too.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=illamasqua+poke&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=z9CDUoiaEo6ihgec8oHICQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ooh that polish is gorgeous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Cream pigment in Hollow is great for contouring - specially on pale skin. Their blushes are lovely and pigmented.

Watch out for the lipsticks - some of them can be very drying.

Their eyeshadow palettes and liquid metals are lovely too. Check out their Hydra Veil too - have fun shopping! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Like the look of Hollow! I definitely want something matte anyway. Good to know about the lippies, I'm thinking another YSL Glossy Stain instead now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Hollow is great shade wise - however if you'd prefer to use a powder contouring product, look out for their Powder Foundation in shade 230 - it will look scary in the pan, but it's actually a perfect matte brown, that doesn't look orange or muddy on pale skin as a contour powder. Plus, because it's an actual foundation - it's very long lasting and it's a huge sized pan compared to regular contour products! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement