Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not paying back stud fee

Options
  • 13-11-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I have a predicament, I put my mare in foal this year and at the 3 month scan it showed that she had lost the foal. I contacted the stallion owner who said it was no problem getting my money back and that it will be sent within a few days ... I rang on august the 30th and sent the certificate saying my mare was barren on the 4th of September where I was then told I'd get my money in a few days.

Cut to over two months later and no money ... I sent a message 11 days ago as a friendly reminder which has been ignored. Haven't called yet but I doubt they'd answer.

What can I do? It was a lot of money and for nothing. I have full proof that I was told I'd get the money in a few days but now nothing.

Any advice at all? I have a lawyer on standby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Was there a contract signed?
    Usually detailed in the covering cert.
    I have never paid till reg the foal. I doubt he is required to give you a full refund. Only about 60% of mares take on there first go so it usual for repeats to be offered untill a foal is produced within a reasonable limit, otherwise an infertile mare is wasting people's time/effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Having had some bad experiences on this also, I am never paying up front again.

Advertisement