Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute time from Newbridge to Sallins Road Naas?

Options
  • 13-11-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody could give me a good idea of the commute time from Newbridge to Sallins Road, Naas taking into account possible traffic in the mornings. Google maps gives an estimated time of 23 minutes. Would that be close enough?

Cheers in advance,

Jof.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Which route are you taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Where abouts in Newbridge? Toughers to Sallins Rd would be about ten minutes Id say (turn left at B&Q, down the Millenium Park road and then turn right at the Sallins Rd roundabout).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looking at a few places in Newbridge so I suppose from the town centre just as an example. Anything below 30 minutes is really what I'm wondering. Would it be handy enough to be living in Newbridge and working on the Sallins road Naas without having to allow excessive time in the morning to head to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

10 to 20 mins would do it (depending on time of day/traffic) - the only thing that could cause 30 minutes or more commute is a crash or snow (neither of which you can legislate for).

Jofspring wrote: »
    Looking at a few places in Newbridge so I suppose from the town centre just as an example. Anything below 30 minutes is really what I'm wondering. Would it be handy enough to be living in Newbridge and working on the Sallins road Naas without having to allow excessive time in the morning to head to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

If you are living in the bottom half of Newbridge (say post office down to river) then going straight out past Wyeth and through the millenium park makes the most sense and would take about 15minutes.

If you live the other end of Newbridge I'd say most people would go out to the motorway at the curragh and go around to either Naas turn off really and come back in that way which again is only about 15minutes.

There are places in both ways where you could hit traffic in the morning but shouldn't be too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Cheers for the responses. Seems a handy enough commute so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Much handier way with little or no traffic is head out past newbridge college and up through caragh. Get on to the millennium road from there or go through osberstown and down the canal. That road brings you out near Hollywood park on the sallins road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

guil wrote: »
    Much handier way with little or no traffic is head out past newbridge college and up through caragh. Get on to the millennium road from there or go through osberstown and down the canal. That road brings you out near Hollywood park on the sallins road.

You mean down past Roseberry (is that whats its called; out the back of the College), hang a right at the bridge at the end of the road and then take the next left into Carragh? To be honest I dont think thats all that much easier or quicker; better off just getting onto the main road and heading into Naas that way. At least its a decent main road all the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

djimi wrote: »
    You mean down past Roseberry (is that whats its called; out the back of the College), hang a right at the bridge at the end of the road and then take the next left into Carragh? To be honest I dont think thats all that much easier or quicker; better off just getting onto the main road and heading into Naas that way. At least its a decent main road all the way in.
    Yes I'd go that way at school times. Traffic is a disaster in newbridge at that time and the roundabout from the millennium road to the sallins road is very busy at that time as well.

Advertisement