Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling Banagher. This is a long shot.

• 13-11-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I recently found a letter sent to my late mother from Banagher and dated 21st December 1961. It was sent by a woman called Mai (possibly short for Mary or Marie) who had worked with her in the post office in Buncrana, Co. Donegal in the late forties/early fifties.
    Mai was married to Tommy who had been in the army, probably stationed in Fort Dunree outside Buncrana when they met. At the time the letter was written he was working as a driver for Bord na Mona at Shannonbridge. They had three daughters, Rosemarie then aged 10 and in fifth class, Maureen aged 8 in third and Geraldine who was almost 3.
    I don't know her surname but i'm hoping that somebody may recognise the family from this information. The girls would now be in their fifties or early sixties and it is possible one or more of them still lives in the area or somebody knows how to contact them. I am very keen to get in touch as I am sure they would like to see the long chatty letter their mother wrote over fifty years ago.
    If anybody can help please send me a private message. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

A belated thank you to those who helped me on this and their families and friends who worked together to put me in touch with Maureen, the daughter of Mai who wrote the letter.
    52 years to the day since the letter was written it is making its way back to the family of the writer who were very pleased to hear about it.
    Thanks again for the help

Advertisement