Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure of BOI account and statements

Options
  • 13-11-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hello,
     In Septembr of this year I closed my BOI curent account. I never received a closing statement for this account. I had signed up for e-statements and this was my preferred method of receiving bank statements. These estatemets have been pulled from the 365 website and I now have no way of viewing my BOI transaction history and I have no way of printing these off. I now need these statements for something and so far  am having no luck with anyone on the telephone.

Is it possible or someone from BOI to assist me with this request on this forum as I've hit nothing but dead ends so far.

Thanking you in advance

Phil1nj

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi phil1nj,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To order duplicate statements on a closed account please call into your account holding branch where a representative will be happy to order this for you.

Please see here for our branch locator should you require it.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately in this instance it is not possible for me to call in to the branch as I am out of the country for an extended period if time (several months). Is it possible to arrange for a third party to pick these up for me if it came to that???

Hi phil1nj,

As you are out of the country it may be possible to send in a signed letter to request duplicate statements on your account however, your branch will need to confirm if this is possible.

You can find contact details for all our branches here.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Paula C

The number listed for this branch is some sort of central number (seems to be a common theme not with most banks). Do you have a direct number for someone in this branch that could help me with this query??. Sending a signed letter in to the branch is not an option either on account of the fact that I need these statements as a matter of urgency. It's also a bit prehistoric in this day and age of email and electronic communication. 

BOI have no email facilities in place to send these to me or so I've been told. Soft copy formats that I could either download or that could be attached to an email would be a much better solution. 

Can you please provide an email address or telephone number for an advisor in this branch that I can deal with directly?

Thanking you in advance

Hi phil1nj

We only have the main phone number for the branch and our branches do not have email addresses. I am aware that the calls for our branch network are answered off site however, these calls are serviced by Bank of Ireland Customer Service Officials and not Bank of Ireland 365. These staff members have the same systems as those physically based in the branch and if there are any queries they are unable to deal with they would be more than happy to connect your call to someone in the branch or arrange for someone to call you back.

Unfortunately, as stated above, it is only possible to order statements from a closed account through your branch, either in person or by sending a signed letter. As you no longer hold an account with us-, statements can not be ordered by phone as verification is required.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Advertisement

In the interests of expediency, is it possible for me to send a scanned signed letter by email to the third party whereby they could present this to the bank and then have them issue the statements on the closed account? The third party does have email access and could get the letter in less than 24 hours.

I'd just like to add that this would not have been an issue if BOI had sent the closing statement back in September when the account was closed. Now I am the one playing catch up. seems at tad unfair.

No one in branch is picking up the phone either when I call to try and get this matter dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi phil1nj,

We can only accept an original signature so a scanned copy of your letter would not be accepted.

Our eStatement faq's do advise of the following: 

Your statements will be available via 365 online for 7 years. This is provided you have not closed all your account with the bank and still have access to 365 online (you must have an active current account to access 365 online). Before closing an account we recommend you download and save a copy of any eStatement pdf you wish to retain and switch back to paper statements if you would like to receive your closing statement in the post.

We appreciate this isn't going to resolve the issue for you now however, we feel it best to post this for other user's viewing this thread.

You would need to make direct contact with the branch in order to have the statement ordered. If you leave your details with a Customer Service representative, they'll be more than happy to send them on to the branch for someone to contact you directly.

Sorry we can't be of more assistance with this matter.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement