Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expense Claims

Options
  • 13-11-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with 2 queries...

I began as a Sole Trader November 1st 2012. (Multimedia Design company) Can I only claim the items I have purchased to help me in my line of business only AFTER this date or can I claim for a computer and camera bought approximately 2 years previous to registering when I was studying design as a student...(and also a hard drive bought just 2 weeks before registering as a sole trader)

Although bought while a student, I obviously had the intention of using them for work purposes at some point following graduation. I'm just not sure if I can claim them as an expense?

Also. Sorry to bombard with queries. One other...

It asks me for 'extract of accounts' on the form 11 in cases 'where you have professional income'.

So I'm a freelancer certainly, but pay client sent cheques into a personal account which I keep notes on to tally up at the year end. I do not have a 'business' account as such. I'm confused as to whether this question even applies to me? If so do I just put in my personal account balance?

Hope these aren't silly questions i'm just a little lost!

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement