Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More newbie questions (again)

Options
  • 13-11-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was on here a few months ago with a few queries when I first got my starter kit but didn't really get into the whole thing then and continued smoking. I'm currently taking another run at it and have been vaping without smoking for a week and a half and have a shed more questions now as a result..........

To start with I've two different types of tanks Kanger T2's and also iclear 16's. I started with the iclear and found I was getting a good hit and plenty of vapour but after a couple of days the liquid started going very dark and the taste wasn't great so I started using the T2 tank and although the hit is ok, I'm not getting as much vapour, and as with the iclear after a few days the liquid has started going very dark and the taste is bit off but not as bad as the iclear. Are these just signs that I need to replace the heads? I thought they would have lasted longer.

I was also wondering about rinsing out tanks with liquid in them, is it okay to wash these down the sink or how do you properly dispose of unwanted liquid? How often do I need to clean the tanks? I've just been topping the liquid up the whole time, maybe this has caused the issues above.

Last but not least, what's the story with the batter voltage and the resistance of the heads? What should I set these at for best hit/vapour?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Hi Guys,

Was on here a few months ago with a few queries when I first got my starter kit but didn't really get into the whole thing then and continued smoking. I'm currently taking another run at it and have been vaping without smoking for a week and a half and have a shed more questions now as a result..........

To start with I've two different types of tanks Kanger T2's and also iclear 16's. I started with the iclear and found I was getting a good hit and plenty of vapour but after a couple of days the liquid started going very dark and the taste wasn't great so I started using the T2 tank and although the hit is ok, I'm not getting as much vapour, and as with the iclear after a few days the liquid has started going very dark and the taste is bit off but not as bad as the iclear. Are these just signs that I need to replace the heads? I thought they would have lasted longer.

I was also wondering about rinsing out tanks with liquid in them, is it okay to wash these down the sink or how do you properly dispose of unwanted liquid? How often do I need to clean the tanks? I've just been topping the liquid up the whole time, maybe this has caused the issues above.

Last but not least, what's the story with the batter voltage and the resistance of the heads? What should I set these at for best hit/vapour?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yep, you got it in one, you need to replace the heads or wash them in hot water and dry burn......(just ask) no worries about putting the liquid down the sink at all.....If you have adjustable batteries then whatever voltage suits you, usually around 3.6 - 4.0 Volts does the job though I have been finding lately that lower voltages seem to taste better.....all in the eye of the beholder I might add....:)

Dry burning....is after you have given the coils a good soaking in hot water, best overnight, you can put the coil back into the base and hit the button a few times until it burns off the gunk that accumulates on the coil....go easy on it giving it just short hits and as soon as you see the coil redden then stop....too much will blow the coil, this cleans the coil and in the case of the i16 (it has two coils)
    And removes some of the gunk that has gathered on said coils.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Are these just signs that I need to replace the heads? I thought they would have lasted longer.
    Replace them, or give them a rinse and a dry-burn, or a rinse & and an overnight vodka bath and a dry-burn.
    A couple of days is about the norm before the darkening but if you rinse the tank and dry-burn the coil at a low voltage every day you'll get a lot more from them. This'll depend a lot on your heat and what juices you use - dark or sugary juices or natural juices at a 8w [watts] and above = darker leftovers.
    I was also wondering about rinsing out tanks with liquid in them, is it okay to wash these down the sink or how do you properly dispose of unwanted liquid?
    Either the sink (which some people might go bananas about because they think a nicotine concentration in the single-parts-per-billion in a river will affect nature somehow?) or throw it over some flowers or plants you want to keep pests away from.
    How often do I need to clean the tanks? I've just been topping the liquid up the whole time, maybe this has caused the issues above.
    Not the cause, but it definitely exacerbated it.
    One shit in a toilet = one streak, twenty shits in a toilet = 20 streaks, and a very messy toilet.
    Bookmark this. Don't just look at it and think "yeah, maybe later...", bookmark it now.

Enter your resistance and voltage and aim for around 7-9w in the 'Power'.
    The iClears can go a bit higher because they're dual-coils but I don't use them so...
    Most I've read about them says they're good up to 11-13w, but trust your own taste. Not all heads are made equally and not all vapers taste the same things. Look at the resistance of your atty, turn the voltage up until you like the hit/taste, put the figures into that calculator and you can say "Hey, I quite like these iClears at 11w!" or "That grindle's a dickhead, T2s shouldn't be used past 6w!"

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

grindle wrote: »
    Not the cause, but it definitely exacerbated it.
    One shit in a toilet = one streak, twenty shits in a toilet = 20 streaks, and a very messy toilet.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

LMAO Nice bit of grooming, sorry, I mean advice, as usual :-)

Ha ha haaa,,.....now I see :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

Thanks for the replies guys.

How long extra do you get from the heads with the dry burning? I had intended just replacing the heads whenever I needed to and not bothering with the cleaning & dry burning (I'm a lazy git) but I didn't realise I'd get such a short period from each head, liquid is going dark within a day all the time.

So the voltage and resistance is just a personal choice, I have mine at 4, can't seem to get a decent hit any lower than this.

Damm....did Grindle not answer you with his multi quote zingaling.....??.....

Aw well, just have to do with old single line answers then......

With dry burning I used to get about a week to two weeks on darker juices depending on the juice, eventually they would become too full of gunk for dry burning and I got some new coils and replaced them, then running short of coils once again, I started rebuilding them with cotton......brilliant.....better taste and although the cotton does not last that long ('bout a day) only takes a few secs to make a new cotton wick and the coils last for ages.....better taste from the cotton I think too.....have not bought a coil since.....:)

Advertisement