Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070

Options
  • 13-11-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

How can I attach a light to be toggled on and off with the remote keyfob

I have a mains light that I would like to be able to turn on with the 9 key on the fob. how do I wire this into an output on the control panel (have engineers access)

do i need to buy a relay switch?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes a 12v DC relay that can switch mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arinb12

any idea where I get one of those?

And any info on how to wire it up?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any Suppliers will have these.

You basically give the coil a permanent 12 vcd + and a switched negetive from a programmable output.
    You then wire the switched live to the light through the common & N/O contact on the relay.
    You programme the output as lights & programme the key fob to switch that output.
    I'll PM you over the manual. It will help you with the programming.

Advertisement