Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends house burnt down can anyone help with the following

Options
  • 13-11-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Well shes alive as is her husband and the four grand kids.
    Irene is always fundraising for something or someone so now its her tune to get help when she needs it .
    So I'm waiting for the pub to confirmed can use it .
    I need some to sign I think I have one singer , then someone to design posters for us . Well get Tem printed off asking for the cheapet.
    Then maybe things for a a raffle ?
    Anybody else have any suggestions . Lady is elderly shes not mature shes done right funny. . She is very very active in her community and loved by many so I'd hope for a good turn out .
    So if I'm missing something please tell me.
    Might put a fiver or a tenner on the door what do you think,tenner is a lot this time of year ???
    Thanks cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For the posters - give QPD in Balbriggan a shout. They use boards & may be able to help out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are any clothes or household items of any help?

Wrong time of year, but I'm doing a massive spring clean of my house, and have a fairly large amount of clothes (womens size ten/eight mens size 32 waist, shirt medium, jumpers large) and would be happy to forward them on, they are destined for the charity shop, but a lot of are very good quality.

Similarly with household hardware if it's any help?

Also myself and OH would be glad to attend the fundraiser if you post details.

I'd also think about a facebook page to raise a bit of awareness locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

St Vincent de Paul will help at such a difficult time. Check on line for your local branch. They will help with practical things and also see that the children get gifts at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks all.I know she is a bigger size then 10 but wont say on boards as she would KILL me.Ill let you know whats happening.She would DIE DIE DIe IF I even mentioned SVDP, they do great work, but she isn't ready if you know what I mean.
    Ill keep yous all updates and try QPD.Thanks,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

When you've confirmed what/when/where, contact Balbriggan.net and ask them to put it on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

cathy01 wrote: »
    She would DIE DIE DIe IF I even mentioned SVDP, they do great work, but she isn't ready if you know what I mean.

Why would she "die" if you mentioned SVDP to her? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

For the posters - give QPD in Balbriggan a shout. They use boards & may be able to help out.

No problem at all Cathy, (thanks for the mention HB) - we're chockablock in terms of design at the moment but if you can get someone to design them I'll run them at material cost for you.

Can I post my number or email address here?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You may. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

Probably best to email details to hello@qpd.ie if we can help.
    Hope the fundraising goes well, awful thing to happen any time of year but particularly bad coming up to x**s (too early in the year to go mentioning it yet)

Rich

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Why would she "die" if you mentioned SVDP to her? :/

Some people would be a little embarrassed to have to go to SVDP is what Cathy meant I imagine. People can find it hard to ask for help, if they haven't had to in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

definately set up a Facebook page as an earlier poster mentioned.
    it's a great free way of getting some publicity.

Also when/if you have that set up and the details confirmed, phone/email the North County Leader or whatever publication covers your area

Hi all she heard about it and said Cathy I'm a giver not a taker.
    She is very upset and not ready to accept help if you know what I mean.
    It's traumatic the little things .hearig her get so upset because the spoons have to go and she loved them spoons.
    Her four grand kids where grand but I think it will take a long time for her to feel better.
    A few friends have decided to do a whip around.she needs a few bob for underwear toothpaste hair brush little things that we all just take for granted .
    But that's what friends are for and she is one in a million.thanks everyone .xxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

God love her, she's lost a lifetime's accumulation of personal belongings. It must be heartbreaking, but at least nobody was hurt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any sort of an update? Poor woman hope she's okay.

Any sort of an update? Poor woman hope she's okay.

I was away for a couple of days.she wouldn't hear tell of a fundraiser.
    We are just putting a few bob in an envelope and leaving it in the friends charity shop for the manager to give to her.
    Her words shes a giver not a taker. :-)
    I hope to get a spare few mins tomorrow and after I surgecially remove the two year old from my hip :)ill threat myself to using the loo alone ,:o and ill take the time to ring her.if I'm lucky I would love to have a catch up and a cuppa .you never know.it is times like this that you need friends.so I'm going to do my very best .ill let yous know how shes doing.she will be chuffed that so many care about her.Thanks .

Advertisement