Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TK MAXX item question

• 13-11-2013 10:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46

so heres the thing , I bought a blazer in tk today , large price reduction and I really like it

its a " saville row " , the saville row emblem - badge is rather crudely visible on one of the wrists , as TK is somewhat known for selling damaged or irregular stuff , im wondering if this is a botched item

ive never had a jacket - blazer before where the emblem or brand details were visible so clearly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I wouldn't think it was fake etc. They normally sell end of line, excess stock etc of big brands. The items are normally a couple of seasons more.

If you like the item, does it really matter? I normally buy items in TK Maxx because I like them rather than the name on the label.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 mud_guard

Miaireland wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it was fake etc. They normally sell end of line, excess stock etc of big brands. The items are normally a couple of seasons more.

If you like the item, does it really matter? I normally buy items in TK Maxx because I like them rather than the name on the label.

oh I wasn't suggesting its a fake , it obviously happens from time to time that mistakes happen when producing clothing on a mass scale , may be a very minor flaw , these items often end up with TK , a bit like buying a la coste with the alligator emblem on the right hand side instead of the norm left

like I said , the emblem - badge seems to be in a peculiar place and its only on one sleeve side

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Have you Googled the jacket? It could have been like that deliberately.

As already said, Tk Maxx is mostly end of the line or extra stock. I don't think I have ever seen "faulty" stuff there. Not anything obvious anyway. Except for makeup but I think that that's normally messed with after it arrives in the shop.

Also, I didn't realise the placing of the lacoste alligator was so important.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I presume you're talking about the tag that's stitched onto the cuff of all suit jackets like the one below? If so, you just cut it off, it's not meant to be left on.

tag-on-a-suit31.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Zaph wrote: »
    I presume you're talking about the tag that's stitched onto the cuff of all suit jackets? If so, you just cut it off, it's not meant to be left on.

I was thinking that it might be that but wasn't sure based on the OP's description

• Advertisement

I presume you're talking about the tag that's stitched onto the cuff of all suit jackets like the one below? If so, you just cut it off, it's not meant to be left on.

tag-on-a-suit31.jpg

same place but the logo is much bigger on this particular blazer and its brown leather like the wrangler or levis leather logo on a pair of jeans

It's irrelevant how big it is or what it's made of, just cut it off.

It's irrelevant how big it is or what it's made of, just cut it off.

ok , thanks for the tip

never owned this particular brand before so logic seemed to escape me

It's not unique to the brand, all decent suits and jackets will have something like that on the cuff.

It's not unique to the brand, all decent suits and jackets will have something like that on the cuff.

ok , thanks again

all I need to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dellaaa87

Hi all,
    I'm hoping some of you can help me find a globe that was available in TK max a couple of weeks ago. I am trying to find it!! And no luck so far. Tk maxx seem to be out of stock.

The globe has a wooden round base and a wooden arm. The timber is mahogany or a dark wood. The map or globe is different to the conventional globes you see. It has more of a cartoony look with more outrageous colours.

I've looked all around in all the shops and online and can't seem to find anything close to it.

If anyone has any information as to where it can be found I would be eternally grateful. I have no photo of the globe so if your not willing to part with yours, could you attach a photo as I could use it as a reference for the further search.

Thank you all and I hope someone can help.

Advertisement