Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good .17hmr cleaning kit/rod

Options
  • 13-11-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

MOD NOTE

Split of from for sale thread.

=================================================================================================================

I'm interested in these but cannot find a decent dedicated .17hmr rod or cleaning kit?! Any ideas where to look for a good rod or cleaning kit and I can then look at using it with a bore guide.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

E bay has loads of cleaners try amazon also

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aclusk

ronn wrote: »
    E bay has loads of cleaners try amazon also

I've tried ebay but a lot of them just say .17 on them but they are actually .177 airsoft cleaners.... which I've read a lot of people having awful trouble getting them to go down the .17hmr barrels!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

I agree aclusk. I went down the ebay road too and nothing was specific to the hmr. I even tried a tipton "universal" bore guide that was meant to do .17 to .30 cal I think but it must have been for .17 centerfire or some such as it wasn't even close to fitting.

I bought my .17 rod / brushes from Top Gun Sports in Drogheda. They are by Tetra Gun and I have found the rod / jag / brushes of super quality and the whole system is working spectacularly with the possum hollow bore guide which MIGHT be the ONLY propper .17hmr guide that is made specifically for the CZ.

Robotack wrote: »
    I agree aclusk. I went down the ebay road too and nothing was specific to the hmr. I even tried a tipton "universal" bore guide that was meant to do .17 to .30 cal I think but it must have been for .17 centerfire or some such as it wasn't even close to fitting.

I bought my .17 rod / brushes from Top Gun Sports in Drogheda. They are by Tetra Gun and I have found the rod / jag / brushes of super quality and the whole system is working spectacularly with the possum hollow bore guide which MIGHT be the ONLY propper .17hmr guide that is made specifically for the CZ.

Was it a seperate kit you bought, or was the Rod /jag/brushes all in one pack?? So it would be perfect for the CZ455 then??

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

• Advertisement

1shot16 wrote: »

Cheers for this... have a .17 bore snake already and I'm thinking a single rod might be better than the 3 piece one, will be checking a couple of gun dealers the wkend to see what they have. Also looking at wellies!! :)

Thanks Again....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I have a tetragun rod, the 3 piece ones were no use.

Traumadoc wrote: »
    I have a tetragun rod, the 3 piece ones were no use.

Where did u get the one piece from, was looking at the Dewey Rod, supposed to be great, they also have Pistol sized Brushes which they say are perfect for the small .7hmr bore as they dont take as much force to push thru...

But the Dewey site wont give u shipping cost until after you have paid for some strange reason... I'd like to get one but not from the UK coz they are twice the price.

Went to Sportsden yesterday as they told me over the phone that they had .17 specific cleaning kits only to be told on arrival that they didn't have any....Muppets! Waste of a 50km trip!

Advertisement