Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Touran Paint Problems

Options
  • 14-11-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering if anyone could help me. I have a 2008 Volkswagen Touran in Biscay Blue Metallic paint. I bought it from the main Volkswagen dealer in June 2009 but now within the last 6 months the paint has started to peel in areas around the car including the bonnet, the drivers mirror and the drivers door. We don't live beside the sea and the car has always been looked after and regularly gets washed. I don't understand why this is happening to a car of this age. I want to know who is at fault? Is it me or Volkswagen? What can I do to fix the problem as I do not find it acceptable on a car of this age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Would it have been crashed and resprayed. Is all the paint in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A friend of mine has a Touran too, and this is happening as well.

Think his is a 2006 model. I think its the lacquer coming off.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You say the car is 2008 and you bought it in 2009, is it possible that the car was crash/damage repaired in that time before you took ownership of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

My woman has almost the same - 09 touran, same colour.

Lacquer peels off passenger's wing mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Give VW a call and get it into a dealership for inspection....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 alan.needham

Moanin wrote: »
    Give VW a call and get it into a dealership for inspection....
    Got the car into my local dealer a while back and they looked at it and did a report to send of to Volkswagen. The dealer tried to make out that it was all damage from chippins on the road, I asked him to explain how chippins have caused large areas of the doors, mirrors, wings, bonnet and back of the car to peel and he couldn't, still haven't heard anything back from Volkswagen and I doubt I will to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Got the car into my local dealer a while back and they looked at it and did a report to send of to Volkswagen. The dealer tried to make out that it was all damage from chippins on the road, I asked him to explain how chippins have caused large areas of the doors, mirrors, wings, bonnet and back of the car to peel and he couldn't, still haven't heard anything back from Volkswagen and I doubt I will to be honest.

thats a pain alright, this doesnt help u, i know Toyota are going covering all of the base red avensis models of which the lacquer has pealed off, cars from 2003 to 2009.

maybe if u gathered enough of people wit Tourans effected by this and raised it wit Vw Ireland.... alot of effort...

Advertisement