Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for replacing (Eircom) Netopia Router

• 14-11-2013 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi. For years, we have used the bog-standard Eircom netopia router (the silver one) - I believe it's the Netopia 2247NWG model.
    I did a speed check (via ethernet) and we are pulling around 2mbps. The problem is, however, when we travel to the other end of the house (or outside), the signal diminishes rapidly. Even when the folks use Skype in the living room (two rooms away from the router's location), the signal has diminished.
    So, I am on the lookout for a replacement. I would like something that is decent yet won't break the bank (max €50-60). We are not gamers. The heaviest usage is Skype or YouTube. Obviously it would have to be reliable (the parents couldn't handle a temperamental router).
    Can anyone point me in some sort of right direction to look?

Comments

Advertisement