Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe Repair Waterford

Options
  • 14-11-2013 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i am wondering where in waterford there is a place for repairing shoes ?

As i need my leather sole boots to be resoled not heeled

Where is the best place in the city to get it done ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ironwalk

There's a chap with a business off Doyle Street...very efficient and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Ryans Patrick st, next to the school.Excelent service

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

ironwalk wrote: »

Yes, that is Johnstons, in Monastery Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a shoe (and key) repair shop in Georges St Centre just by Full of Beans on ground floor

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

mike65 wrote: »
    There is a shoe (and key) repair shop in Georges St Centre just by Full of Beans on ground floor

That place is Cobblers2U. Had him repair a bag for us a couple of weeks ago. Was a bit on the pricey side considering what was needed (just replacing a small metallic piece for one of the straps), and also we were never contacted when the job was done in order to come collect the bag - shop did seem very busy though, so perhaps that's understandable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ironwalk wrote: »
    morebarn2 wrote: »
    Yes, that is Johnstons, in Monastery Street.

You'll not be impressed with the premises, its basically a shed :D but he's brilliant, very old school and takes great pride in his work though he can be a bit grumpy sometimes :P

My grandfather lived around the corner from that guy and he was always in his shop so got to know him fairly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

one on johnstown area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Monastery Street chap did a shoe for me about 20 years back in the day - thought he'd be dead by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

John Ryan in Patrick st is an absolute gentleman and is very reasonable with his prices. His work is top notch and I couldn't speak more highly about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tess Tickle

That place is Cobblers2U. Had him repair a bag for us a couple of weeks ago. Was a bit on the pricey side considering what was needed (just replacing a small metallic piece for one of the straps), and also we were never contacted when the job was done in order to come collect the bag - shop did seem very busy though, so perhaps that's understandable.

Wanted to return a belt that was a gift but was too small and he refused to swap it for a bigger one!!!Belt was unused and still in the original bag!
    Would'nt give a reason for not exchanging it.A total weirdo in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Still open. Closes between 1.00 and 2.00pm for lunch.

Advertisement