Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in city/area interested in playing Backgammon?

Options
  • 14-11-2013 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Have been playing Backgammon for a while now, it's a game that is not as popular as it should be (in many ways it's similar to poker). I know that there are a few clubs in Dublin. I was just wondering if there are any players in Galway city that are interested in playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

yes, very! I've sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

A good few years ago, they had a few backgammon sets in McSwiggans bar, and you would often see people playing after work in the evening.
    Don't know if they still do it, but you could ask there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yossi312

Thanks yaledo, I've replied to your PM. And dilallio, I'll check it out. Thanks.

So if anyone is interested in playing backgammon in Galway / the west of Ireland, we've set up a website that you can get in touch with us through. New players are always welcome, regardless of experience/ability:

http://backgammongalway.wix.com/backgammon-galway

Drop us a line! We're calling ourselves Backgammon Galway - we're not quite a club yet, but we'll see how it goes.

For all of you following this thread and awaiting updates...
    Backgammon Galway now meets on Tuesdays at 8pm on the 1st floor of Busker Brownes. All welcome - experienced players and novices alike!

• Advertisement

UPDATE: Backgammon Galway is now meeting in McDonagh's 'The Thatch' in Oranmore on Tuesday's at 8pm. All welcome, beginners and more experienced players alike.

Advertisement