Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a compact pistol?

• 14-11-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

As the title says! The only conditions is that it has good gas efficiency.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Until the CZ 75 P-07 Duty by ASG, I was not a believer in compact pistols and found this one to be an excellent pistol, it runs on Co2, has never let me down and is easy on cartridges (5 to 7 mags per refill), very ergonomic and easy to use, this pistol looks great too ;)

Now for the issues I've discovered, the creep / trigger pull is too long for a pistol, single stack mags (16 BB's per mag) and a number of parts can easily fall off while in use:

- Front post sight
    - Rear post sight
    - The Co2 cover (as cartridges go in the pistol grip, not the mag)

The front post can be glued in place, have not found a solution for the rear post coming loose or the Co2 cover falling off, as the rear post has to be removed to take the pistol apart and the cover has to be removed to refill cartridges

Luckly, the great people at AirsoftEire stock spares for this pistol and the above parts only cost a few euros to replace

Also, back on the plus side, spare mags are only €10 or so euros per mag and are small enough to carry loads, I've five(5) mags and can fit three(3) in a single pistol mag pouch

Overall, I'd happily recommend the CZ 75 P-07 Duty by ASG to anyone looking for a compact pistol

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

KSC USP compact, KSC are great on gas with the system 7 system. If you can find a compact tactical even better, well if you like that look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Searching...

The WE Compact PX4 is a lovely compact pistol, looks and shoots great.

px4-sub-compact_3001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

TM Hi capa 4.3 or the detonics, compact performance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Maruzen Walther PPK.

Everybody who I have ever seen fire one fires one shot and responds with a look of "Holy sh*t!" and then proceeds to empty the magazine giggling like a schoolgirl. And despite having the kick of a mule, it's also pretty good on gas consumption.

I am also rather partial to the USP Compact, as Southern Dandy has already mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

derringer all the way, compact as it gets but you have to use the term 'pistol' lightly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

+1 on the PPK, great little piece!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I Armour I wrote: »
    TM Hi capa 4.3 or the detonics, compact performance :)

+1 , any of the tm short slide 1911's are great and a large choice of aftermarket parts and cheap mags!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    - The Co2 cover (as cartridges go in the pistol grip, not the mag)

you try using a lanyard? If i recall the lanyard loop is what is pushed to remove the back of the grip so if there's a lanyard in that loop then it shouldn't allow it to be pushed in fully.
    Sorry for thread jack :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

If you're asking from a small hands perspective (rather than conceal-ability/carry-ability), then the WE P226 might be worth a look?

Not a compact, but my 13 year-old handles his just fine. He also considered the ASG C60 Compact, which felt just as comfy for him, but had much lower magazine capacity (226 has 24), hence him choosing the 226. Decent on gas - he gets 1.5-2 full mags out of one gas fill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement