Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 12 Reports

• 14-11-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Ponder out passes Rodgers and Lacy out rushes Peterson!

Yep you read that right but it's not even half the story with a total of nearly 1400 yards of offence to be accounted for.....

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away......

Packers win the toss and elect to receive.

They promptly ram it down the Vikings defence throat and set the tone for the game.
    The whole game is a bit of a blur and without the scoring summary it's hard to say which player scored when....

Couple of crucial things were the 2 minute drill just before half time which both teams scored in to give the Packers a 7 point lead following tit for tat scoring for the whole first half. The Vikings crucially recieved the ball in the second half and Stephens-Howling brought it straight back to level things up again immediately after half time.

The game settled into the same pattern of tit for tat scoring until approx mid way through the 4th when the scores were tied and the first and only turnover of the game happened and it went to the Vikings with a miraculous interception by the safety who lept like a salmon out of water to take away what seemed like a certain completion and possible TD.
    Off the back of this the Vikings were able to take the lead for the very first time in the game to make it 56-49 (yeah you read that right).

Both teams scored and each possession following that which lead to the Vikings having the ball at 63-63 with just over 2 minutes left. The Vikings did the sensible (and arguably boring) thing and chewed up clock and yards till they got to around the Packers 25 yard line and took a timeout with just seconds remaining.
    A high pressure kick with a significant crosswind was all that stood in the way. The kick was up and was shanked to the left. As it sailed towards the posts it was a case of how much of an effect the cross wind would have....
    It creeped in by a matter of inches and the Vikings won 66-63.

A shameful day for both defensive co-ordinators yes but in fairness to Ali (and I told him as much) some of his defensive playcalling towards the end was great. I had two runs with Ponder because of excellently disguised coverages which meant when it was snapped what I expected to see and what I actually saw were very different!

Ponder watch;
    His third 158.3 QB Rating of the season with 14/16 for 424 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs
    Peterson - a measly 257 and 3 TDs
    Patterson showed up big time with 7 catches for 261 and 3 TDs

Rodgers - 13/17, 276 Yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT
    Finley - 6 catches for 112 yards and a TD

Player of the Game - Eddie Lacy - 404 yards, 6TDs off 22 carries.

All I can say is I hope I don't have to play the Packers if I make it to the playoffs, I've won two close games and I reckon Ali is due the next one.

Amazing, crazy, and tremendously fun game Ali. Thanks and sorry about kicking a field goal to win it, the game deserved better!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Best the jags, them boys can put together a drive, just can't defend for their lives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Amazing game Nelbert if a bit heartbreaking to score 63 points and still lose. Nothing could stop our offences last night. Think on the interception the throw was short cos I was ahead of it and was trying to user back to catch it. I really thought that kick was gonna hit the post for a while aswell, I'd say you near shat yourself.:pac:. Real tough division with a possibility we three will make the playoffs this year, should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That game sounds like an absolute cracker. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cowboys 31-0 Giants.

Jason Pierre-Paul showed up for the Giants, the rest of them did not. Romo was nearly flawless, Eli was not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Knex. wrote: »
    That game sounds like an absolute cracker. :D

Was actually a bit tense the whole way through because we both seemed to appreciate that one turnover or one 3 and out could cost the game. I'd of never been able to take the lead if it wasn't for his INT as up to that point every time I got the ball I was 7 points behind and we were tied up every time he got the ball. While a few scores happened after the INT it ultimately put me in a position to win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans beat the Raiders 61-35 however forthe first half i was sure i'd lose this Pryor and McFadden were immense,second half and the Titans scored an unanswered 20 points which was triggered by Casey picking up a fumble and rumbling into the endzone.

Johnson gets a career day 361 yards averaging 17 per carry along with 6 TDs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts beat Cardinals 49-14.

Darius Reynaud had over 200 yards rushing with 3 TD's, Donald Brown also got in on the act with 2 TD's and TY Hilton got 2 TD's.

Larry Fitz was Cardinals best player but their QB had a game to forget as he threw 6 Int's.

Next up Heli and Chris Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Lost to the Broncos 42-17 or something like that!

Learnt a valuable Madden lesson as well.

Madden lesson #12: Never play a game when hungover!!!

Threw more picks in that game than i had all season. The drink addled mind and some lag on my end as well as some great player placement by the Broncos coach, meant i was on a hiding to nowhere.

GG theoneadlum, think ur lucky that the Xbox party couldnt connect cos i was screaming abuse for most of the game!!!

Advertisement