Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby food deals (Jars)

Options
  • 14-11-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I know this is a bit of an odd request but I think this is the best place to post it as you guys are in the know about such things, I have no little ones myself.

I give my dog a toy called a kong, fill it up with food and treats etc. I recently started giving him baby food in them, really handy, doesn't stink as much as dog food, plus I can change it up so he doesn't get bored. I was just wondering where I could get a good price on them, I have been getting them in Aldi €1.19 for a big jar which is fine but I would like to stock up. Amazon have great deals but won't deliver them to Ireland. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I know this is a bit of an odd request but I think this is the best place to post it as you guys are in the know about such things, I have no little ones myself.

I give my dog a toy called a kong, fill it up with food and treats etc. I recently started giving him baby food in them, really handy, doesn't stink as much as dog food, plus I can change it up so he doesn't get bored. I was just wondering where I could get a good price on them, I have been getting them in Aldi €1.19 for a big jar which is fine but I would like to stock up. Amazon have great deals but won't deliver them to Ireland. Any ideas?

What about using parcel motel for the amazon deliveries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are you sure human baby food is suitable for a dog?
    Don't they have different requirements?

And yes, for anywhere that doesn't deliver to Ireland, Parcel Motel is the business there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

pwurple wrote: »
    Are you sure human baby food is suitable for a dog?
    Don't they have different requirements?

And yes, for anywhere that doesn't deliver to Ireland, Parcel Motel is the business there.

Completely forgot about Parcel Motel, thanks guys, I suppose I'll just keep a look out in the supermarket leaflets in case they have any special offers.

pwurple, I give my dog plenty of other human food, left over veg, potato etc. I can't see why baby food would be an issue as it isn't his main food just a treat, I checked its low in sodium and sugar and has no additives or preservatives. Not a big fan of most dogs foods or treats because they are crap for them. He will be getting all his nutrition from his regular food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Fair enough. We only gave our dogs meat scraps, as so many human foods are toxic to dogs. Baby food often contains onions for example.

http://www.vetstreet.com/care/human-foods-that-are-dangerous-for-dogs-and-cats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I keep an eye on the ingredients to make sure thereis nothing toxic in them, so no worries there, thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement