Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad news for Ballybofey Utd.

Options
  • 14-11-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Ballybofey United lose pitch to Aldi supermarketA football club has been given a week to leave a pitch it says it has used for 40 years.

Ballybofey United, in County Donegal, must make way for a new supermarket, the High Court has ruled.

The ground, Finn View Park, is owned by the Butt Hall Trust, which has said it plans to sell to supermarket chain Aldi to ease debts.

full story here

Personally I feel this is a terrible shame. Now i'll admit that I don't know the area or the team so others from the area could have different thoughts on this.

Putting profits ahead of everything else seems wrong they seem to be trying to make up for past mistakes by making more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

One word would be appropriate in this situation..."compo"

Advertisement