Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Re pair and Paint/spraying

Options
  • 14-11-2013 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Reversing out of the drive the other night and bumped into (at minimal speed) a neighbours car on the way out, (my fault, was talking instead of looking what I was doing) just grazed it, no damage to his car but a slight bit of damage to the paint work on my own

Where is the best/cheapest place to bring it to get it re sprayed or whatever they have to do with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

If its just light scratching you can buy a tube of T Cut or something similar and just buff it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Pointed out to me by the Zurich claim handler:
    However a local body shop who I have had many dealing with in the past is

Murphy & Dungan (Waterford)
    7 Waterford Bus pk
    Cork rd Co. Waterford
    (051)879569 (Dick Murphy)

Happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

shockwave wrote: »
    If its just light scratching you can buy a tube of T Cut or something similar and just buff it out.

Liquid sand paper is T Cut its just a corrosive chemical eating into your paintwork stripping back the layers of laque. I would never use any corrosive especially T Cut, if its an old car and you dont really care then go ahead, have you ever seen cars on the road with bad paint work paint faded, thats normally from using abrasives like T Cut over time it just ruins your paint work.

I would also like to know of someone who does this, I know in Dublin theres a guy who comes to your door and does small jobs like that, He was on the derek mooney show not so long ago.

Advertisement