Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Works on Tuam Rd at Liosban/Riverside

Options
  • 14-11-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

There are roadworks on the Tuam Rd between the Liosban junction & the Citygate/Hanelys building. There's no notice that I can find about this, but the VMS just past the roadworks (that's useful) indicates that it will last from 13th-20th. There are no lane markings on the parts that have been resurfaced.

There are lane restrictions outside of peak hours, so avoid the area if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

antoobrien wrote: »
    There are roadworks on the Tuam Rd between the Liosban junction & the Citygate/Hanelys building. There's no notice that I can find about this, but the VMS just past the roadworks (that's useful) indicates that it will last from 12th-20th. There are no lane markings on the parts that have been resurfaced.

There are lane restrictions outside of peak hours, so avoid the area if possible.

Traffic was a disaster there this morning (9.15ish). Monivea Road very heavy too due to people stuck on Tuam Road detouring via Moneenageisha. Seriously bad planning having one of the main arteries into the city down to one-lane contraflow during the busiest time of the day, and the lads running the contraflow seemed to give a lot of priority to cars coming out from town, holding up traffic heading to work for considerable periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Zzippy wrote: »
    Traffic was a disaster there this morning (9.15ish). Monivea Road very heavy too due to people stuck on Tuam Road detouring via Moneenageisha. Seriously bad planning having one of the main arteries into the city down to one-lane contraflow during the busiest time of the day, and the lads running the contraflow seemed to give a lot of priority to cars coming out from town, holding up traffic heading to work for considerable periods.

ya it was bad when I passed at 7.30. They would be better starting later and finishing around 4 and back again at 7pm if needed or else do it all at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

They appear to be resurfacing a stretch of about 200m.

Are they going to wire up the two sets of traffic lights (liosbaun & riverside) so that they are co-ordinated ?? (or is that asking way to much of the GCC roads dept)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Were they off today or what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Those lights have been crazy. I use them to cross the road to the bus, I've had to wave down a bus to stop at where the lights should have been because I couldn't get across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Hard at work as I went past at 11 tonight. Rotten night for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Surfacing appears to be complete this morning, the lights were on when I passed through in the last hour. It looks as if the only thing left is for lane markings and possibly to apply anti-skid surfacing.

I don't see any signs of sensors on the road and the lights don't look like they have had any work done, so it appears that we are back to status quo ante with a slightly better road surface.

Road markings were partially completed last week. The lane markings are there but there are no yellow boxes and the lead in areas for filter turns are not "filled in" with the normal diagonal lines.

And traffic is back to normal.

antoobrien wrote: »
    the lead in areas for filter turns are not "filled in" with the normal diagonal lines.

Went through this morning, this has now been done.

Final step is to put the yellow boxes back.

Advertisement