Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are ya..... Green&Red

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

....but what about red???

Red is a close second obviously!

I'm still heart broken after September

Can you eat a heaped dessert spoon of cinnamon? No water allowed

I've never tried but I'd wager that I could, obviously you'd go about it in one go

On ridiculous eating challenges, coming from a family with 8 kids these came up a lot, I hold the record for quickest time to eat five cream crackers.
    Regular taste tests are still held, snack v club milk, heinz v chef etc

Oryx wrote: »
    If you do this quiz I'm gonna ask are you a COMPLETE NUTTER? Who does things like that?

G&R...
    What do you eat on the bike? (Not cinnamon I presume)
    Who would you most like to be stuck in a lift with?
    What is your party piece?

Oryx, theres a high probability that I will challenge the brother to that, I have won a days beer for drinking a bottle of soy sauce

On the bike, I try and stay away from sugar, I'd have a ham and cheese sandwich with me and a couple of bananas. Granola bar as a back up

A lift mechanic?
    Heard an interview with Dunphy last week on second captains, liked it a lot, I'd say you'd pass a few hours easily enough

Party piece - Oh lord its hard to be humble, a song you can sing without a note in your head

MrCreosote wrote: »
    What was the most fantastic journey you've had on motorised transport? Car, bus, plane, helicopter, chairoplane, whatever.

And what was the worst?

WTF is a chairoplane?

While thumbing I got a lift in the back of a cattle lorry in Bolivia, it was three in the morning and full of what were probably commuters. We had a sing off, it was awesome

Coming back from Barcelona tri a couple of years ago, after a nite out and having the FEAR. Plane tried to land twice and pulled out of both. Diverted to Belfast, bus to Dublin followed by train to Cork, nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Green&Red wrote: »
    Oryx, theres a high probability that I will challenge the brother to that, I have won a days beer for drinking a bottle of soy sauce

That's actually rather dangerous and can kill you. Salt content

• Advertisement

Had to google that, who knew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?
    If you could change anything about what you have done so far in your life what would it be?
    What would be your ideal job?
    What is your dream car?
    What flavour crisps :D
    Favourite drink?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Trig1 wrote: »
    If you could change anything about what you have done so far in your life what would it be?
    What is your dream car?
    Favourite drink?

:mad:

Just as I see the thread

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just as I see the thread

I wouldn't have dared.

Have you ever dressed in drag?

Do you have any pets?

Best advice you ever got?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

What's your sign?
    What kind of shoes spend the most time on your feet?
    What decade or era do you most relate to or think you belong?
    Have you any pre-race superstitions or rituals?
    Strangest thing you've ever seen or experienced at a race?

• Advertisement

Just as I see the thread

Ha Ha...got there before you!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Favourite run session?
    Run PB's 5k + 10k?
    Raced any other run distances? Half or Marathon? If not, would you like to or have any plans to?
    What's your favourite flavour of crisps? :mad: *trig now joins BTH on my blacklist* :mad:
    Any bike race/route anywhere in the world you'd like to do?
    You have 1 hour to spend on the bike, you want to do some sort of quality, what do you do?
    What are your best swim times?

Trig1 wrote: »
    What is your dream car?
    Favourite drink?

My eyesight, I wear glasses for work, I hate them. Laser surgery is high on my list of priorities but got bumped in 2013 for a bike

Dont have many regrets, maybe work a bit harder in college, not go to the Australia match last saturday and definitely not tell Tunney about the soy sauce

I'm pretty happy with the job I have, find it interesting, I'm on secondment working on this.
    Otherwise a vet

Silver A4

Crisps are a tough one, obviously for a crisp sandwich it has to be tayto C&O. Hundy dorys salt and vinegar if you're hungry and then I'm partial to monster munch, rancharos and wheelies. In general I like crisps too much and try and stay away from them, especially as I'm pretty much always trying to drop weight

You can't beat a Guinness but I'd be a fan of a nice malbec or chianti

Can you eat a heaped dessert spoon of cinnamon? No water allowed

Have you ever done this, I'm interested in the details

Have you ever dressed in drag?
    No but I am a fan of a fancy dress, especially for the all-ireland

Do you have any pets?
    Living in dublin doesnt really allow for pets and by pet I mean dog, theres no other kind really. Our last dog in mayo died a couple of years ago at 17. We always had a dog around the farm. Some pet lambs along the way too

Best advice you ever got?
    For swimming I was told when I couldnt swim more than a length without gasping that I should reach for the wall with every stroke, sorted me out and I probably the most advise I'd give to others starting out swimming

What's your sign?
    Leo, raar

What kind of shoes spend the most time on your feet?
    Sad to say but probably clarkes work shoes :(

What decade or era do you most relate to or think you belong?
    90's, brit-pop, friends, pulp fiction, shawshank, keith wood, John maughan, radiohead, men behaving badly, father ted

Have you any pre-race superstitions or rituals?
    I have a ridiculous fear of cramping which I know can be sorted out by talking salt and water, so I always have a bottle of that with me. If I didnt I would panic and no amount of electrolytes could stop me

Strangest thing you've ever seen or experienced at a race?
    Your man at belmullet last year with the shotgun, that really was father ted-esque

Favourite run session?
    Track, 200s or 400s, despite not liking running in general I do love the track, it makes you feel like a proper runner

Run PB's 5k + 10k?
    5k - 19.22
    10k - 39.58
    It really is my weakest discipline

Raced any other run distances? Half or Marathon? If not, would you like to or have any plans to?
    I've done both, 1.59 about 6 years ago and 3.52 last year. I wouldnt go back to either until I'm happy with my 5k & 10k times

What's your favourite flavour of crisps? :mad: *trig now joins BTH on my blacklist* :mad:
    See above RQ, if I had to pick one it would be tayto cheese and onion, and I really dislike King cheese and onion

Any bike race/route anywhere in the world you'd like to do?
    Alp d'hues, no contest. Did the tour of flanders this year and really like it, will try another of the one day classics this year, maybe milan-san remo

You have 1 hour to spend on the bike, you want to do some sort of quality, what do you do?
    Turbo - probably a set called progressive power, 1 min on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off, up to 9 on. On being 85% MHR, 60RPM. Its a toughie but great for building power power

What are your best swim times?
    I dont know! Sub 7 for 400TT. Looking back at lanesboro and westport last year, both fairly calm sea swims, almost lake like, 13.40. HOTW this year took me 26.55

Green&Red wrote: »

Crisps are a tough one, obviously for a crisp sandwich it has to be tayto C&O. Hundy dorys salt and vinegar if you're hungry and then I'm partial to monster munch, rancharos and wheelies. In general I like crisps too much and try and stay away from them, especially as I'm pretty much always trying to drop weight

You can't beat a Guinness but I'd be a fan of a nice malbec or chianti

Ha Ha, were very similar in a lot of ways....especially when it comes to crisps and drink and trying to constantly battle the bulge :D ( monster munch Mmmmmm)

Thats me done, nothing too hard

Next victim is over here

And good luck to any lurkers doing IM in Oz over the Christmas, I'll be waiting on those rancharos!

Advertisement