Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet suit voucher

Options
  • 14-11-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,
    So with xmas coming up, I'm going to ask for a voucher to get a tri wetsuit. I don't want to spend more than 100 but will go to 150...Where would you recommend?

53 degrees north?

Cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

base2race

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Cheers...and they will have wetsuits in my price range?
    I looked at their websites and they just have expensive ones...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I would give them a ring and ask. They're approachable enough. :)

You can also get suits in your price range online, but it is hard to know your fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Try irishfit maybe? I bought an entry level suit a few years ago and personally I found Base2Race to be a little on the expensive side (i.e. they mostly stock high end stuff). But what do I know, I cheaped out bought one of those Orca Kaisei's on Wiggle for 80 quid.

Cheers, i'll have a look there.
    Base2Race don't seem to have a xmas sale aswell as i was hoping to get it marginally chepaer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

I would recommend a Zone3 Advance. Great suit for €150. You could also get an Orca S4 for €150.

They should be cheaper this time of year as the 2014 versions will replace them. I would recommend trying them on before you buy if possible.

Where you based?

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wetsuits.html have the Orca in stock for €149

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

terencemc wrote: »
    Hey y'all,
    So with xmas coming up, I'm going to ask for a voucher to get a tri wetsuit. I don't want to spend more than 100 but will go to 150.

The only thing with getting a voucher to cover the cost of your preferred wetsuit is that size may not be available when you go looking.

Two of the best entry level wetsuits I've come across are the Orca S4 and Zone3 Advance. Both were priced around the €200 in 2013 and sold out pretty much all over by mid summer.

If you are lucky and an unusual size you may find them cheap somewhere at the end of season. As mentioned elsewhere if this is your first wetsuit, getting proper advice on the fitting and wearing will be invaluable. Price dictates for us all, but buying smart is also important.

Be prepared to put some money along with your voucher and an extra €50 could make the difference between a suit which is 'grand' or one that you can use for a few seasons & possibly trade up from at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

We got 2 wetsuits in the cyclesuperstore Tallaght. They have a full rail of them reduced, mostly men's and also their stock room in boxes they reduced aswell for us. Best around by a mile.

ANYPLACE IN DUBLIN THAT DO THE OCRA S4S?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

terencemc wrote: »
    ANYPLACE IN DUBLIN THAT DO THE OCRA S4S?

Store Locator

Most places are sold out of S4 but worth giving the two Orca stockists listed a call.

• Advertisement

Cool, I went to try on the orca suit last night. Both the 6 and MT fit me snugly. The guy in the shop said I should purchase the smallest one. Both were snug and to be honest I didn't really notice the difference - I tested out the movement of my shoulders and they seemed fine. Should one always go for the smaller option?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Were you totally unrestricted in both? Any amount of tightness, particularly in the shoulders is going to tire you over longer distances. If both seemed ok i'd definitely go with the smaller one.

You manage to find a store with deals on the S4 in the end?

Yeah, I seemed to be unrestricted in both.

I went to cycle superstore - handy enough opening hours - They have the equip (€240) - They should be getting more S4's (€185) in February so I'll just wait till then

Advertisement