Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pine Pollen

• 14-11-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

There's a coniferous tree on the edge of the car park outside by apartment. There's a load of fine yellow particles resting on the cars and I believe it to be pine pollen from the tree.

What I'm wondering is if this is a seasonal thing, or does it happen all year long? Does the pollen affect the paintwork of the car?

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

John_Mc wrote: »
    Hi,

There's a coniferous tree on the edge of the car park outside by apartment. There's a load of fine yellow particles resting on the cars and I believe it to be pine pollen from the tree.

What I'm wondering is if this is a seasonal thing, or does it happen all year long? Does the pollen affect the paintwork of the car?

Thanks very much

If its happening now I doubt its pine pollen. Pollen is the sperm of plants and in most trees its released in late spring to early summer.
    If it is pollen doubt it will damage paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

rje66 wrote: »
    If its happening now I doubt its pine pollen. Pollen is the sperm of plants and in most trees its released in late spring to early summer.
    If it is pollen doubt it will damage paint.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I was thinking that alright but what else could it be?

It's pretty fine and yellowish, and looks like dust when you're a distance from the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I've attached some pictures of the polin/dust/whatever and the two trees nearby. Any help in identifying what it is would be a great help.

Thanks,
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

hi john,
    just to confirm, is this happening at present?
    the pics
    not sure what 1 is
    no. 2 def not pine, poss a cypress of some sort,(larger tree) , or a larch on the right
    no. 3 its hard to tell, but its poss a poplar.
    if you could get better pics of leaves/foilage.
    if you google pine pollen images it will give lots of good close up examples of pine cones and pollen on cars etc.

Advertisement