Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email blacklist

Options
  • 14-11-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I've got this error message on a bounced back email;
    550-This host has been blacklisted by an RBL

I'll contact my host and ask them to check this. I the past they said we had been blacklisted because one of the client domains they host were spamming and hence all domains were blacklisted.

The strange thing is that not all email address are getting bounce backs. Has anyone had experience of this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Your host will need to resolve this. You are likely on a server which was either compromised or one of the sites it was hosting was compromised and used to send spam. Not all email providers use the same spam blocklists, which may be the reason some emails get through fine

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Thanks for the reply. When I said not all email address are getting bounce backs - I meant not of the addressees, but of different emails from my company (eg. grizzly@mycompany.ie goes through, but info@mycompany.ie does not).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

grizzly wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. When I said not all email address are getting bounce backs - I meant not of the addressees, but of different emails from my company (eg. grizzly@mycompany.ie goes through, but info@mycompany.ie does not).

That is odd alright, it could be your service provider is using a different mail server for the different email addresses possibly?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Check here with your host or public IP: http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check/
    you can then see which list you are on and contact them rather than your ISP. You will obviously have to show you have sorted the issue or within 24 hours you will be on the list again and it wont be so easy to get off it the second time!!!

Advertisement