Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

• 14-11-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Where do I start... Iv been private renting a one bedroom apartment since January this year been paying landlord through bank and the lease we signed first day said 6 months and had no problems what so ever with the landlord he only lived a couple if doors down from the apartments so he was close checked up a few times at the start seeing was everything ok and that.. I then found out that I'm expecting and it's coming close to our due date and this apartment is not suitable what so ever for a baby it has electric heating storage ones that you plug in and since it's getting really cold there are a few damp patches coming from walls I have explained to landlord about these yet nothing was done.. On Monday I have giving him my notice that I would be soon leaving and asked for a reference.. He told me he would have one in my post box next morning so Tuesday went out and no reference there it has been three days and he is not answering his phone and when I call his wife or daughter answers saying his not there really need this reference as we could be getting a new house soon enough.. Any advice please would be helpful :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If he only lives down the road then keep knocking on his door until you get hold of him; he has to be there some time!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

I'm calling every hour as I really need that reference but when I called last night at about quarter to 6 he's wife said he was just gone for a lye down I told her to pass on the message and she said she would but heard nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If its urgent then dont listen to excuses like that; if you call to the door and he is having a lie down then ask her to kindly wake him up as you have been waiting too long for the reference.

If you want to be official about it then write him a letter and state that you need the reference urgently by x date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Do you need a written reference? why not give your landlords ph no to your new landlord to ring for a reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

Thanks for all the help guys he finally gave me a written one this morning :) the letter was for a agency to get us into a new house so hopefully things would be processed al lot faster now that we have that :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement