Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Peter & Paul's School Balbriggan

Options
  • 14-11-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I am sure I wasn't dreaming when I was listening to RTE Radio news inthe car this morning when they said there were armed Gardai outside the school due to recent serious assaults ?

Has anyone else heard this or substantiate that I am not going mad !

I cannot find anything relating to it on online news ......:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RelySarah

Yes it is true - you can read it in the Independent. Two local families fueding over an unpaid drug debt!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

<Sherlock snip - full article quoted & no link to source>

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

thanks folks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 poxman

How come the usual mouth pieces from pavee point are not condemning this activity . You can not shut them up when there is some perceived injustice done to their "minority" community but when they are reconstructing Grand Theft Auto outside a school they are nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Isolated incident, few bad apples, settled community has its problems too, etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

poxman wrote: »
    How come the usual mouth pieces from pavee point are not condemning this activity . You can not shut them up when there is some perceived injustice done to their "minority" community but when they are reconstructing Grand Theft Auto outside a school they are nowhere to be seen.

This is scumbag drug dealer behaviour. There are scumbag drug dealers who are settled Irish, Irish travellers and new Irish/Immigrants.

The issue Pavee point have is that you shouldn't label the whole Traveller community because of what the scumbag element do. The same as you shouldn't label the whole Immigrant/new Irish because of some scumbags. I wouldn't expect people to think this is typical Balbriggan behaviour for example - and I wouldn't feel that I should, as a Balbriggan person have to condemn it publicly, just because I live here. Neither should Pavee Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

My friend said a car very very nearly hit a child outside the school.it was driving up on the path.when I heard about armed Garda I just thought about what's going in America and felt sick .oh God not here.thank god it wasn't.
    Poor innocent children having to watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

wow sierra wrote: »
    This is scumbag drug dealer behaviour. There are scumbag drug dealers who are settled Irish, Irish travellers and new Irish/Immigrants.

The issue Pavee point have is that you shouldn't label the whole Traveller community because of what the scumbag element do. The same as you shouldn't label the whole Immigrant/new Irish because of some scumbags. I wouldn't expect people to think this is typical Balbriggan behaviour for example - and I wouldn't feel that I should, as a Balbriggan person have to condemn it publicly, just because I live here. Neither should Pavee Point.

But no one come out to defend Irish scumbags do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Let's not drag this off-topic. I'll also add that there should be no speculation as to the identities of those involved while this is subject to a Garda investigation.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Irrelevant of who the parties are that are involved in this dispute, it is terrible that all this occured in front of a school and innocent people got caught up in the crossfire,

Doesnt matter who they are or where they are from, it is absolutely dreadful carry on

• Advertisement
Advertisement