Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have no idea what I'm du-ing

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

pointer28 wrote: »
    I'm heading off to do lots of climbing tomorrow
    :eek:

Sorry about your dog. Much nicer that she died at home though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Wednesday 24/6/15

Bike - 150 kms, 1750 mtrs

Another day in the Slieve Blooms with Career Move for company for the last few hours. Started to get tired after about 80k but when I had company I perked right up and got a new lease of life until the final climb when I felt the dreaded bonk coming on, quick pitstop for a homemade energy bar and that got me safely home.

Speaking of CM, she only has the bike a week and hasn't done any real climbing yet she made it all look very easy and I can see her doing good things on the bike next season. The pics she posted don't do any justice for her bike either, stunningly beautiful and light, so much so that I've just spent the evening looking online and surprise, surprise not in stock anywhere in Mens medium size. Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You're a good man. I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet doggie, but how lucky you both were to have each other to look after. And what a blessing to pass in her own bed. You were with her in spirit. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

So sorry to hear about your poor doggie. +1 with the fact that she died in her own bed, much nicer way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Awh I'm so sorry about your woof woof, they really are a mans best friend and they all have their own great personalities. I'm sure she's chewing bones in doggy heaven :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Trust me you got the best and most natural option with your dog.
    Loss is still the same thou:(

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Thursday 25/6/15

Bike - 63k

Herself was working in Tullamore again today and we were heading to Wexford afterwards so I cycled from home to Tullamore to meet her (Wexford was a teeny bit far).

Legs were tired and lifeless from the previous day but I always feel that the following day after a long ride is what really adds to the fitness. I could be completely wrong of course. It was slow and I stopped for coffee half way but I got there in the end.

And the frickin' wind! The worst part of a point to point spin is that the wind is constant, ie a constant headwind for 63k just to add insult to injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I know! I did about 5 kms into a headwind last night. It was torture, I was crawling along.

Friday 26/6/15

Bike - 43k

Another commute of sorts, herself was working last night so on the way home from Wexford I got out in Mullingar and cycled the rest of the way home while she went to work. Uneventful.

It's OK, no need to panic, I'm not dead!

Last entry in this log was 26th June, I had a job interview on the 27th and started a new job on the 29th.

So, between a new job averaging 60-70 hours a week and planning a wedding, there has been very little time for any training whatsoever these past few months. I had great intentions that I'd get up early to train before work but as I start at 7:30 it would mean getting up at a stupid time to train so I thought I'd train in the evenings but usually not home until 8 pm so by the time I get dinner, and recover from a hard day of physical labour I'm honestly ballaxed and not fit for anything so that didn't work great either. It's not to say that I didn't have a stab at both options but training at 5:30 am and falling asleep on the sofa every evening was sh1tty and training at night on back roads with no footpath or verge was a little bit unnerving with the way some of the locals drive. As well as that, it felt like I was going from bed to work to training and then back to bed again which is no kind of life. If I'm honest I also kind of lost motivation and interest for a while.

I have done some exercise over the last few months but nothing that could be called any kind of training apart from the Ring of Kerry Charity cycle on the 4th July.

Anyway, enough of the violin music and lets get back to it. These past few weeks I've started to feel very fat and unfit and really miss the training so I've been making a real effort to get back at it. I haven't got a set plan as yet and haven't even got a goal in mind apart from getting back into the habit and shedding these extra kilos I've put on.

Sunday 8/11/15

Run - 6.5k @ 5:47 mins/km

Felt terrible starting off but perked up a bit towards the end and by the time I finished, even though I was tired and sore I was still glad I did it and felt great mentally. I don't even want to think about the pace.

Monday 9/11/15

Bike - Trainer Road - Parklife - 30 mins - TSS 29 IF .63

A really easy session, didn't even break a sweat but the point of it was to get back into the habit and just get the legs used to spinning around again so job done. Probably a bit too easy in fairness but it's better than watching Eastenders and at least I know to pick something a little tougher next time.

Tuesday 10/11/15

Nothing, didn't get home until nearly 9 pm and knackered so not a hope.

Wednesday 11/11/15

Run - 7.8k @ 5:47 mins/km

Unexpectedly rained off work today so decided to make hay while the sun shines (or rain pours in my case). I can't pretend I'm not bothered by the slow pace but every time I felt like speeding up I reminded myself to ignore the watch and just take it really easy for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭joey100

Good to see you back pointer, When I was getting back into it earlier this year I just had a screen set up on the garmin with time and heart rate. Same as you didn't like seeing the slow pace but worth it in the long run. Get a goal soon too, need to have something to be training for, otherwise the couch gets very tempting over the winter! Think a fair few duathlon dates are up on the TI website for you to pick from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Welcome back! I enjoy reading your posts good to see someone else who likes duathlons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Yay! You're back!! Definitely forget about pace/speed for now. Just ease back into things and enjoy what you're doing. :)

Advertisement