Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mama Bear's Closing Down (Sort Of)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Right boys, nice and cheery so there's no panic.

Group order, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Already have a load of it... then realized I prefer Tallow soap and kinda let it sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

After her house/shop burned down last year, I'm surprised she was able to last this long. I hope she finds a way to keep making and selling her soaps.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Already have a load of it... then realized I prefer Tallow soap and kinda let it sit.

I've been critical of her soap in the past only to realize recently when going through my stash I was confused and was thinking of Mystic Water soap. Every time I looked at Mamas selection I always decided while the selection of scents is intriguing I didn't want a glycerine soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I tried a few of the range a couple of years back and found it just ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

It lathers really easily.. but the lather quality is lacking... scents are great, certainly not lacking.

Mystic Water isn't great... hard to get a decent lather out it... always ends up watery and bubbly any timed I've tried.

Personally I just don't think that Glycerine soaps perform as well as Tallow based soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The lather from glycerin soaps is nothing spectacular but their advantage is the sheer amount of scents they are available in.

Mama Bear had an enormous amount of scents available at one time. I've not been on her site in a while so don't know if it's still the same.

It was cushion I found lacking. Stirling or Nanny's should give enough variety of scent with the cushion/slickness.

It was cushion I found lacking. Stirling or Nanny's should give enough variety of scent with the cushion/slickness.

You're really a fan of those Stirlings aren't you? Nanny's olive oil are good although I'm still a bigger fan of Mikes. One of the best in my rotation is DR Harris Windsor.

I actually prefer Nanny's to Stirling, been using Nanny's for years now and they hit the sweet spot for me.
    Stirling soaps are good and I mentioned them in response to the comment on fragrance range.

I still have a stash of other soap and creams that get rotated which includes Cella, p160, la toja, Nivea, musgo, speick, MWF, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement