Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliders

Options
  • 14-11-2013 12:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do you think? Should we make adjustments or not?

Some crazy high scores but not many people complaining about it on this site.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    What do you think? Should we make adjustments or not?

Some crazy high scores but not many people complaining about it on this site.

Again i think in general we as a league arent as mature enough.
    Tbh.. i'm happy enough to mimic the pro in these issues, the effort that goes into these decisions on the PFL in general is pretty immense.

However i did see eddie lacy rushed for over 400 yards last night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think it'd be way too much hassle. I don't think the Pro will change anything else to be honest.

Defense is an absolute joke though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think we should just leave it for this season and see how it is going in the PFL for a while. Perhaps at the end of the season we can have another look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I will be putting up a poll at the end of the regular season ( this weekend ) in the Pro to see what guys want to do on the introduction of sliders. Many of the guys I have spoken to hate this version of the game with no defence. However there are guys who do actually like this version of the game so its not all one sided.

It could be a major sticking point in that the Pro may vote to introduce them but that might be the only league inclined to, and that could cause some difficulty.

Not entirely sure that a poll from our Boards league would produce the same result as one from the Pro.

If sliders are not introduced in the Pro I am pretty certain that players will be leaving and thats why I am pushing for them. Already Pilks has left ( he did get an XBox one but said that if he did not hate on the version so much he would have stayed ) and Geachy is considering it as well. Neither felt they could stop anybody on defence, a common feeling this version.

You could implement the kickoff power one, moving it up to 56, that was one change which was universally agreed on. Guys had been circumventing it by doing a high left kickoff, now banned.

As for the high running, thats just the insane blocking. I had 367 yards last night against the CPU.....on 6 attempts, SIX, thats absurd.

Berty44 wrote: »
    I will be putting up a poll at the end of the regular season ( this weekend ) in the Pro to see what guys want to do on the introduction of sliders. Many of the guys I have spoken to hate this version of the game with no defence. However there are guys who do actually like this version of the game so its not all one sided.

It could be a major sticking point in that the Pro may vote to introduce them but that might be the only league inclined to, and that could cause some difficulty.

Not entirely sure that a poll from our Boards league would produce the same result as one from the Pro.

If sliders are not introduced in the Pro I am pretty certain that players will be leaving and thats why I am pushing for them. Already Pilks has left ( he did get an XBox one but said that if he did not hate on the version so much he would have stayed ) and Geachy is considering it as well. Neither felt they could stop anybody on defence, a common feeling this version.

You could implement the kickoff power one, moving it up to 56, that was one change which was universally agreed on. Guys had been circumventing it by doing a high left kickoff, now banned.

As for the high running, thats just the insane blocking. I had 367 yards last night against the CPU.....on 6 attempts, SIX, thats absurd.

I played against Peterson last night. I literally could not stop him, gang tackles just been shrugged off, couldn't touch him. I am all for sliders.

• Advertisement

Once again, the blocking is ridiculous. Mikey admitted last night all he uses his xp for is to upgrade the impact blocking. I was just getting pancaked all over the place and could do nothing about it.

You probably know already but we did a poll in the Pro to see what people thought of the gameplay this season.

81% of people thought defence was broken ( although some of these people were happy as they enjoyed the gameplay )

62.5% of people felt that sliders needed to be introduced to reduce offensive effectiveness basically.

So there is a test franchise set up ( details on that site ) to see if we can come up with better gameplay.

Yeah I saw that there this morning about the community that was set up.

I don't know if its a problem in the regular game though. It seems to be a problem in the franchises though as people can just boost up certain stats. I think the first time I played the Vikings, I kept Peterson fairly quiet but the last game, I could do nothing and made the game totally pointless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, the way Nelbert plays he'l get loads of XP for Peterson who will have 99 rating in all the key categories.

I am just getting more and more fed up of the game to be honest. Calling the right defense plays and still not being able to do anything at all is just ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    I am just getting more and more fed up of the game to be honest. Calling the right defense plays and still not being able to do anything at all is just ridiculous.

I feel the exact same.

Your comment is one I have heard from loads of people in the Pro and its why I am trying to introduce the sliders. Because if they don't change guys are just going to become disinterested in playing the game.

How would it effect the game if we moved to All Madden level?

Eamon,

Join the Sliders test community.

PFL Sliders

Password is

pflrules

I don't have time to play friendlies unfortunately. I will be watching that they closely though.

Guys, you probably read over on maddenpfl that I am giving madden a rest for a while. Will finish out Season 1 here.

I WILL be attending any beer nights out, and giving away all my secrets that I won't be playing for a while !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bert, can you now play my games for me! Sad news but we'll get a beers soon and you can fill us all in on the application process for your job!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bert, can you now play my games for me! Sad news but we'll get a beers soon and you can fill us all in on the application process for your job!

Wtf, I turn my back for 5 mins and this happens, enjoy your retirement berty and we'll maybe see you back on madden 15.

I take it the sliders change hasn't fixed the problems?

:pac:

With sliders the tests so far do give a better game. I found that they shut down the run pretty much but passing was not much different.

You said it when we spoke last Adrian, you put in good defence and guess exactly what the offence is going to do and still just cannot stop people. I have shaded CB's to the correct receiver route and still see them behind by 5 yards.

I have played too many games this season when I just run up and down the field scoring and so does my opponent, comes down to a fumble or whoever has the ball last winning the game. I understand that type of game appeals to some people, just not me.

I play in the two leagues so just playing the franchise alone is about 5/6 hours a week. I spend at least the same amount of time practicing offence / defence and reading up on forums on the game and looking at stuff on Youtube. All for a game I now just find frustrating.

So the at least 12 hours I spend on Madden every week I now intend to catch up on all the tv stuff I just never seem to have time for like The League / Breaking Bad / Orange is The New Black / House of Cards / Game of Thrones as well as getting back to trying to play a bit of guitar which I have virtually given up. Comes down to me reckoning my time would be more enjoyable doing that that playing a game that just frustrates me.

I will still be going to the beer nights out though !

Defintely get what youre saying Bert, I have become pretty jaded by it, I'm probably going to stay with the boards franchise for another season and the PFL til the end but after that i think i'll be taking a permanent break.

Things may change if the sliders improve things dramatically but at this point i'm playing due to the community rather than the game

Thats too bad Berty but I totally understand where you are coming from.

For me the arcadeyness of the game has ruined it for me. I don't like the fact that people can just waltz up the pitch without any hassle. I played someone the other day and they had DeSean Jackson and they just needed to get him to make one cut and that was it. Nothing I could do could stop him.

For myself, it should be a tactical game and I think I am not doing well because I still play like a proper NFL team should play. I try to run a fair bit, I try PAs and then some passing when in reality, I could just pass all day as it is fairly easy. I was thinking about taking a break myself but decided to stick with it for a while.

• Advertisement

So are we going with the sliders for this season? I definitely think we should.

You mean changing them?

yes i think we should..

Yep I do of course.

Did you sort out the sliders Heli?

Nope I'll be doing it later on so they'll take effect for game week 2 of pre season

Are you going to tell people?

I don't think they made any real difference in the pro.

I was going to not tell them, mainly on the bias they probably won't realise as the changes are relatively small

Yeah don't bother making a big deal of it.

I would make the sliders a little bit more aggressive than in the pro.

Sliders are changed, I'll play my next 2 CPU games and see how they are, CPU reaction time in pass D is more tuned on boards than the pro so we'll see if that makes a difference also have toned down blocking to PFL levels

• Advertisement

So.. sliders are changed and with my CPU game and Dans CPU game i think its had an impact.

The biggest thing was... we were playing on pro and not all pro.. though someone could have changed that.. but its set to all pro now so it should be harder to hammer the CPU

Advertisement