Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxi 8202020 no more discounts

Options
  • 14-11-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

8202020 have no more discounts but there website is deceiving saying average 20% off. its 2euro off only and all drivers wait a few minutes before the meter is switched on. or cash back. how is it cash back if i have giving you cash already. for trying to deceive alone i shall change companys. Hailo is the one they at least say the truth that no booking charge is applied and arrive within 5 minutes. 8202020 must think consumers are idiots

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

SOME taxi company adverts are for the kind of people who incessantly sent texts for that other wheeze that blights much of Dublin FM radio ....."and now here's our great new competisshionnn!!!"
    These "competitions" with the usual dufus questions comprise usually 2 questions......a) The right answer b) His nickname was "sillyobviouslynot"
    Text your answer to "........" , only 5EURO! Enter as often as you like. Lines close at ...PM. Winner announced when lines close.
    But I digress. If competitions make the busines, so do these dumb and dumber taxi company adverts. Actually Dumb and Dumber was a good movie.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Do Hailo still pre auth your card for 20 euro before you even step foot in a taxi? Used to be the case you would be down that 20 euro PLUS the fare for a few days until the pre auth was released. I will never use them because of that practice and even if they have changed it i still wont as I was very rudely dismissed when I queried it.

Also are you a tax driver Dubtax(i?) do you work for Hailo or are you a driver on the Hailo system?

Very suspect second post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

User called dubtax dissing one group of taxis and praises another?

barack-obama-seems-legit.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

i can't drive.
    I'm not a taxi driver.
    i don't use hailo. I use a taxi only if urgent. I use prepaid Dublin bus. I don't use Luas well, because there's another thread on boards about risks of using luas, with the so called 'security' measures in place.
    Anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

gugleguy wrote: »
    i can't drive.
    I'm not a taxi driver.
    i don't use hailo. I use a taxi only if urgent. I use prepaid Dublin bus. I don't use Luas well, because there's another thread on boards about risks of using luas, with the so called 'security' measures in place.
    Anything else?

I don't think he was addressing you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I don't think he was addressing you!

I wasn't. I think the fact I mentioned dubtax was a dead giveaway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@dubtax Perhaps you can clarify what your Consumer Issue is here, otherwise I will lock this thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

dudara wrote: »
    @dubtax Perhaps you can clarify what your Consumer Issue is here, otherwise I will lock this thread.

dudara

I think the consumer issue is that the application that people are using to hail a 8202020 cab still says that the customer get's a 20% discount on the total fare when in reality the discount now is that the driver will wait 5 minutes without turning the meter on, not charge the 2€ call out charge and possible (and reports vary) also give a 2€ cash back at the end of the run.

For those who do minor routes the discount might still be there, but for those who do longer route and relied on the 20% overall fare discount is not longer present.

Plus this drastic change has not been communicated out and drivers according to other reports don't tell you until the end of the journey.

So advise is, if you use 8202020 make sure you are aware of the new "discount".

While I agree that it's suspicious that a poster with 2 posts is praising Hailo while negatively commenting on 8202020, he has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

8202020 cab still says that the customer get's a 20% discount on the total fare

To be fair, the website says "average discount".

To be fair, the website says "average discount".

Yes since 2 days it says that but the application does still say 20% discount, no update has been published and if you call them the operator also does not mention that the discount has changed from a 20% on all fares to something else.

What is up there with the 20% on average is based on a "average 15€" fare, it's nothing else than a marketing phrase. Fact is you went from a real 20% discount to something else and neither application nor operator inform you.

If you advertise for month that every fare gives you a 20% discount and you withdraw that offer to something else (and remember 8202020 was as phone number installed to signal that discount) than at least you can update the app and install a message that says that you have withdrawn the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It can take a while for updates to apps to be pushed through the iTunes store process etc.

Either way - I want the OP to explain his concern. His username and lack of engagement is concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭GIMP

Anyone know any other Taxi firms giving any discounts, I rely on 8202020 to get home from work but my fare is now €3 more per journey and that adds up over the month, I'm well disappointed with the discount change..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hailo

GIMP wrote: »
    Anyone know any other Taxi firms giving any discounts, I rely on 8202020 to get home from work but my fare is now €3 more per journey and that adds up over the month, I'm well disappointed with the discount change..

Hailo won't give you a discount on every fare, just sporadic discounts with codes. And for you it's no saving as they only regular discount is the missing 2€ call out charge which 8202020 also does not charge.

You could call 6772222 which is NRC and ask them if they still do the 20% Discount Tag, these days one never knows when discounts are going as this example shows.

But if you use taxi's regularly as you do, why not ask a driver you like if you can come to an agreement with you, I'm sure he would be happy to have regular income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭GIMP

Rang Checkers and they do 20% off phone bookings so I will see how it works out tonight.

Anyone know will Taxi firms set up business accounts for individuals as some are offering discounts for businesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

GIMP wrote: »
    Rang Checkers and they do 20% off phone bookings so I will see how it works out tonight.

Anyone know will Taxi firms set up business accounts for individuals as some are offering discounts for businesses?

They spend between €300-€10000 a week on taxis so that's how they command a large discount . Drivers will do the work when nothing else to do. But radios are switched off when it's gets busy and there's 100% cash walking the streets.
    Doubt an individual would be offered an account let alone discount . Ring 820 and leave cards details with them for a discount they still do discounts when pushed .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dubtax

I am a taxi driver i work the street only now. i was with 8202020 and its false advertisement as far as i can see. nothing suspect about that. i use hailo as a customer only

Advertisement