Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request notice of engineer call out

Options
  • 14-11-2013 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

I have a technical issue registered (DSL not connecting), and was told an engineer would be calling to repair the line sometime in the next 3 working days. I was told this engineer would need access to my home at that time after visiting the exchange. I asked for advance notice of when he/she would be calling (as I can't work from home without internet access) and was told it may or may not be possible to give me this notice.

Can this be addressed please? I require advance notice of any visits in order to arrange someone to be there.

Also, in a second query, as my service is unavailable due to an eircom fault, how do I go about deducting this lack of service from my next bill? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

pwurple wrote: »
    I have a technical issue registered (DSL not connecting), and was told an engineer would be calling to repair the line sometime in the next 3 working days. I was told this engineer would need access to my home at that time after visiting the exchange. I asked for advance notice of when he/she would be calling (as I can't work from home without internet access) and was told it may or may not be possible to give me this notice.

Can this be addressed please? I require advance notice of any visits in order to arrange someone to be there.

Also, in a second query, as my service is unavailable due to an eircom fault, how do I go about deducting this lack of service from my next bill? 
    Hi pwurple

The technical support department should take a mobile contact number and if the engineer calls out to the exchange and can not find an issue with the port for your broadband service at the address then he will call to confirm an appointment.

I checked the details we have registered against your boards user previously, can you PM the telephone number to insure we are checking the right account please.

Mark  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Will do.

Can you address the second query please? If I end up with an outtage of 2 weeks in a months period, is the 2 week outtage automatically deducted for my bill, or do I need to submit something?

Regards.

Will do.

Can you address the second query please? If I end up with an outtage of 2 weeks in a months period, is the 2 week outtage automatically deducted for my bill, or do I need to submit something?

Regards.
    Hi pwurple

If the issue / downtime is due to the eircom line, network or modem there is a process through customer care for customers to look into a rebate.

Thanks, Mark

Will do.

Regards.
    Hi pwurple

If the issue / downtime is due to the eircom line, network or modem there is a process through customer care for customers to look into a rebate.

Thanks, Mark
    And do I access this through phoning a number, or emailing, or a letter to someone?

Will do.

Regards.
    Hi pwurple

Thanks, Mark
    And do I access this through phoning a number, or emailing, or a letter to someone?
    Hi pwurple

Got the PM,

I just need to confirm the land line telephone number please.

Mark

• Advertisement

I've sent that.

I've sent that.
    Hi,

Thanks for sending on your details. I found the escalation to technical support ref: 11989290 We can track the progress and once the service has been restored we can look into the rebate aspect.

Mark

So, the engineer phoned me to say they were outside the door. I said I was 30 mins away and they would not wait. I asked about the notice I was supposed to get, and they said they called my landline an hour previously. 

My landline. Which i don't have connected. 

Sigh.

I think he did something on the exchange though, as we seem to have gone from nothing at all, to intermittent on at around ~0.01mb. So that's something.

Hurray, someone arrived today when I was here. He wasn't able to find any problem in the house, so went back to the exchange. Seems to connecting now. Will leave it for a few days to see if it sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hurray, someone arrived today when I was here. He wasn't able to find any problem in the house, so went back to the exchange. Seems to connecting now. Will leave it for a few days to see if it sticks.
    Glad to hear this pwurple

Al

Advertisement