Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€75k to spend, where to buy a property with a good btl yield (7%+)

Options
  • 14-11-2013 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi all,

Short and sweet, I've €75k to spend. Where in the country is the best place to purchase a btl property at the moment. I don't particularly want to buy an apartment - it preferably has to be a house. I'm thinking Cork, Limerick or Galway.

Don't mind superficial work but want a sound structure.

All opinions welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Well in Limerick near either of the colleges. There is some really good value around Castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

maybe do some research yourself ? Not trying to be smart but I wouldn't be coming online taking randomers opinions on where is best to get a yield.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Hi D3PO, obviously I will be doing my own research, it nice to get a couple of opinions from other investors so I can use them as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

well the first thing to ask is the 75k the total investment your putting in or the cash component of the investment with mortgage covering the rest.

the total spend will have a big bearing on what opinions can be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Hi, 75k cash. We don't want to get tied into a mortgage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement